Chapter 10 part III

A/N: I don't usually write in different P.O.V.'s but I think for the full effect of this chapter I will do a different P.O.V. Since Sofía isn't involved in this chapter, I will write in the I form for Diega. So from now it is Diega's P.O.V. The next chapter will be back to normal. Enjoy! :) Oh also, there is a small gruesome, blood related detail involved in the 3rd paragraph so if you don't like that stuff, skip from paragraph 2 to paragraph 4.

I laid on my bed facing the wall. I knew that my punishment would be death, but to be honest, if it was for the greater good, I was willing to accept it. I knew that I messed up. I didn't do it with bad intentions, but even so I should have gone straight to Master Xenon and told him everything that was going on.

It was hard to describe what I was feeling. I didn't want to imagine how betrayed and even more unsafe Master felt. One of my hopes was that I didn't put too many people in the base in danger.

Suddenly, I heard the door slam shut as Master Xenon came into the room. As he approached me, I hid my face against my pillow. I couldn't bear to look into his eyes after all this. Extending my right wrist, I waited for it to be cut and for me to be left alone to die.

My breath was almost cut short when I heard Master's voice say, "Diega. Look at me."

At first I was hesitant to obey, but after he asked me again, I succumbed to his wish and looked into his eyes. The anger had almost vanished and I could see calm and inquisitiveness mixed with a slight drop of disappointment in his eyes.

"Diega, out of all people, I least expected you to come to me to confess something as great as this. On hearing it, I will not lie, I was furious, upset - I felt betrayed and a loss of trust to you. Nevertheless, I know you, and even though you are a human, and even though humans change, humans break other people's trust, humans make mistakes, even though all of that, I know you. And now, I still have trust in you and the knowledge that you wouldn't do that without a valid reason. "

Not taking my eyes off him, I sat up slowly, letting the words rest in my brain.

"Diega, please tell me what is wrong?"

Taking a deep breath, my voice a bit jittery, I began,

"Master, it has to do with Dionisa. You probably don't remember her. She is my twin sister. Nearly 2 years ago, I was being chased by the Nikkians. Knowing how valuable I was to you and the base, she sacrificed herself for me. She got taken prisoner there. I couldn't just leave her there to be tortured and slowly die at the hands of the Nikkians. After returning there, I begged their leader to set Dionisa free. But he was clever and had a different proposition. He said that I would take care of my sister in their camp. I would have to go there and feed her etc. They would not care for her and if I didn't come in 7 consecutive days, they would kill her. In doing that, I was at close surveillance of them. Knowing that the pure fact of me being on their land was something only a traitor would do, they blackmailed me into helping them. They said if I didn't answer their questions then they would send an anonymous message to you, Master, to state what I had 'done' along with a lot of twisted facts and exaggerations. Then I would be killed at your hand and my sister would be tortured and die at their hands. I feared for the safety of my sister. I agreed to help them."

I hung my head in shame.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"To be honest, I don't know. At first I tried to live two lives and at my time here forget about that. My sister would never leave my mind but the rest, I tried to distance myself from. Afterward, I guess it was fear and maybe even self pride and ego that I could solve it myself from saying anything. I know I should have. I'm sorry. About all of this."

"You are forgiven."

I looked at Master Xenon.

"Y...you forgive me? After what I have done?"

"You were driven by the care of your sister. It's not necessarily your fault. I will still have to punish you but you are spared from death."

I smiled, feeling a sense of happiness and relief but also of apprehension.

Master Xenon was about to get up to go but on realizing something he asked, "Diega, answer honestly. Is it true that you have feelings toward me?"

Without thinking, I ran out of the room.