Chapter 11

P.O.V. Sofía

I was just about to be succumbed into a deep sleep and probably an epic dream when Diega woke me, shouting, "Did you tell?"

I jolted up on my bed, still in uniform, but sleeply asked, "Tell what?"

"Next time," she threathened, "keep your intuitions to yourself."

With that she left the room.

I sat on the bed puzzled and annoyed. Puzzled as I had no clue what she was talking about, and annoyed because, well, she barged into my room started accusing me of thinking something and then left, disrupting my sleep.

Flopping down on the bed, I decided to take time to analyse the situation.

1) Artemisians are trying to overpower the Nikkians and other minorities to regain control over their rightful city Armisia.
We are the Artemisian's; the "good" guys.
2) Dionisa, Diega's twin sister had been captured by Nikkians. Diega partially betrayed us to help her. So I'm guessing we will need to rescue Dionisa at some point.
3) Due to the above number 2 and other stuff, there is tension in headquaters that needs to be resolved.
4) I don't belong here, but I'm meant to be some sort of chosen one. I want to go home.

Ok, then.

At that moment, I heard Master Xenon call me.

I entered his room and greeted him.

"Ok Sofía. You are temporarily my right wing. Diega is being punished by being placed under base arrest for the remainder of the month. In that time, we will take Dionisa from her prison in the Nikkian base. Then after the month is up, you will discreetly monitor Diega. If she does not go to the Nikkians anymore, that means we can continue to trust her. Otherwise, we hand her over. Is that clear."

"Yes, Sir!"

"Any questions?"

"One question, Sir."

"Go ahead."

"Why am I temporary right wing? I am unfamiliar with all this, and with all due respect, just want to go back to my time, dimension, home, family etc. Wouldn't it be better to choose someone like Marseille or Daniel?"

"Firstly, I make the rules with purpose. Remember, you have little reason to doubt my choices. Secondly, if you genuinely didn't care about all this, you would have left us at the moment Diega asked you to help us. There was a clear and open option to say no, I want to go home, and you would have been back in your world, with no inkling of a memory of any of this. Yet, you decided to stay. Even if you think it was out of mercy for Diega. Thirdly, now is your chance to prove yourself. Fourthly, that was two questions."

"I apologize."

"Quite alright. Anyway, I will explain the plan and we will go to the Nikkian base."