Chapter 15- First Date

Klayre's P.O.V
You know double dates are fun and all, but I think I like one on one dates much better. You get to know the person better. But don't get me wrong, they're definitely more awkward in my opinion. Considering this was the first official first date I'd be going on, I was more than nervous. I was nothing but a bundle of nerves. I was so nervous that I wasn't even able to get a simple cake recipe right in culinary class today! I mean, how hard is it to make a simple pound cake? Well apparently when you're thinking about your first date, you tend to forget a few things. Like sugar. Or eggs. Yeah let's just say that my pound cake tasted more like a biscuit. It was not good.

My teacher came up to me after class and said "Klayre, are you feeling okay?"

I looked at the ceiling and sighed. "Yes I'm fine I'm just nervous about my first official date is all." My culinary teacher is really cool, and I could honestly tell her anything.

"Oh a first date huh? Who's the lucky guy?"

We both laughed and I leaned close to her and said "His name is Jason".

She looked at me and said "Jason? You mean the new boy that came to our school this year?"

"Yup that's him, we went on a double date with Si and Andrew last night, and then he asked me out for a one on one date on Friday."

"Well just be careful, I don't want you to have your heart broken."

"I know Ms. Bennett, thank you for caring", I said in a soft voice.

"So, where is the date gonna be?"

"It will be at his house, but I'll only be there for a few hours".

"He won't try anything with you will he?"

"No!" I said laughing. "Absolutely not. He knows that I'm really reserved about that kind of thing. We're just gonna cook dinner together and watch a movie, nothing huge" I said. Ms. Bennett is like a second mom to me, so I knew that she would ask something like this.

"Good. I'm glad at least one boy has manners at this school".

"Ms. Bennett! Not all boys are like Wesley Parker." Wesley Parker is a boy who is a complete jerk at our school. No manners and a total player. He's also not the brightest bulb in the box. Which makes me wonder how he made it into this school anyway. Ugh oh well back to current events...
After culinary class I had to go to Italian class. Italian is one of my favorite languages because it's just so much fun to write. But unfortunately I couldn't concentrate on any class because I was thinking about what I would wear to Jason's house on Friday, what I would say, etc.

When the bell rang, I walked to my locker and was greeted with a little card that was taped to it. I gently took off the card and read it. It was a little notecard that had my name written in cursive. I turned the card over and there was a quote written on it. "I love it when I catch you looking at me, and then you smile and look away". I read the note to myself and then stood there smiling like an idiot for a while before I came back to reality and realized I was still in front of my locker and a guy has just come up to me. But it wasn't Jason, it was one of his best friends, Chance. He's not deaf, but he's super gifted when it comes to music. He can play almost every instrument, and has perfect pitch. I'm so jealous. He's also one of my best guy friends, since he was the first friend I made at school (besides Sienna), so he learned sign language so that it would be easier for me to understand him. "What's up?", I sign as I open my locker.

"Nothing much, just wanted to check up on you", he signs back. I shut my locker after getting my bag and homework and we walk over to his locker. "So I heard you were dating Jason as of last Friday", he signs.