Love? Chapter 10

Saturday morning (i think)
I wake up to the sound of my phone beeping with texts. I unlock my phone and see the texts are from Hayes.
Hayes: hey wasn't the concert fun?
Hayes: are you awake?
I decide to respond
Me: yes it was thanks again
Me: wanna hang today?
I remembered from last night when I saw his texts that he is going to Auntie Anna's today for lunch with Gina! But I wanna ask him anyway and see what he says....
Hayes: can't got a family thing
Me: oh ok maybe later?
Hayes: yes! Love you bye❤️
Me: love you too
I'm not replying with a heart cause he is a lying, sneaky, cheating rat! I just hope this is all a misunderstanding and he is just going to help her study for our science test!
10 mins later:
I finally decide to hull myself out of bed because it 9:37 and I really need food. I go downstairs and see my mom in the kitchen making pancakes. I walk over to her. "Morning mom!" I say hugging her. "Morning sweetie how was the concert last night?" She asks. "Really fun we were sooo close!" I try to jot think about the texts he sent Gina. "Oh Hayes is so sweet!" My mom gushes. "Yep that's one sweet guys 😒" I say rolling my eyes. I sit down and text my best friend Lauren.
Me: hey wanna go to auntie Ann's at 11:30?
Lauren: sure! Sounds fun my mom can pick us up and take us!
Me: ok thanks see you soon!
Lauren: NP bye
I turn my phone off and my mom sets a stack of pancakes in front of me. I start to chow down on the pancakes when I get another text.
Hayes: I'm not blowing you off I hope you know that?
Me: yeah why?
Hayes: no reason love you so much!
Me: me too bye
He is Trying to hide that he is dating Gina. Ugh!
After I finish my breakfast I walk up to my room and watch Netflix on my laptop tok it's 11:00. I decide to wear my Pink jacket over my Maroon 5 shirt and a pair of blue jeans with red converse. I check myself out in my mirror and nod in approval. I apply some lipgloss and mascara and put my hair in a side braid. I grab $15 off my dresser and grab my phone and head out. It's 11:27 so I decide to wait outside for Lauren. Her moms blue mini van pulls up and I hope in.
Hi Lauren, hi Mrs Sanders" I say to Lauren and her mom. "Hi Kara how are you dear?" She asks me. "Good thanks" I say buckling up. I shoot! I forgot to tell my mom bye. I send her a quick text telling her I left and say I'll be back in an hour or two.
We arrive at the pretzel shop and hop out of the car. "Thanks again Mrs. Sanders" I say waving bye. "No problem dear any time" she says driving away. Lauren and I walk in and I don't see Hayes in there so I hope he called it off. I go sit down while Lauren orders our food and Drinks and I go on my Phone. I go on snapchat and take a selfie and see someone in the background of it. I look closely and its that one person I knew would be here. HAYES. I quickly delete it and look for Lauren. She is coming back with our food. She sets it down and I thank her and eat my pretzel. "Are you okay Kara you look pale?" Lauren asks concerned. "Yeah I'm fine it's ju-" she cuts me off. "Omg Kara! Don't turn around okay?" She says worried. I already know but I turn around anyway. I right away see Hayes and Gina flirting with each other. "Omg 😰" I say to Kara staring to cry. "I'll be back" I say wiping away my year and getting up. I walk over to the table the are sitting at. "HAYES? What the heck are you doing here?" I say shouting. "Oh Kara what are you going here?" He asks getting up quickly. "I ASKED YOU FIRST GRIER!" I say pointing to him. "He is on a date...with ME!" Gina says getting in my face. "Hayes? Why?" I say crying. "No Kara it's not what it looks like. He says running his hands through his hair. "The thing is Kara he doesn't like you anymore and he never did so crawl under the rock you live in and leave!" She says pointing to the door. I started balling so I run to the bathroom and I run in the last stall and lock myself in it. I can't believe he never even liked me, that this was all a joke! I hear someone come in so I stop crying and listen. "Kara? It's Lauren what stall are you in?" I hear Lauren ask. "I'm in the last one!" I say sniffling. "Open up" Kara says banging on the door. I open the door and she walks in and closes it. "Hayes is a jerk he doesn't deserve you!" She says trying to make me feel better. "He is just so cute and sweet and I can't believe he would do this!" I say confused. I hear a nock on the bathroom door. "Hello?" I say getting up. "Kara it's Hayes. Can we talk?" He says through the door. "NO I don't ever wanna talk to you again Hayes Benjamin Grier!" I say opening the door and running. I feel someone grab my wrist as I try to run out. It's Hayes he looks into my eyes and says "PLZ let me explain I really need to talk to you" I try to squirm out of his grip but it's too tight. "FINE text me!" I say then I loosen his grip and walk out of the pretzel shop. Lauren calls her moms to pick us up and she comes to pick us up then she drops me off at my house. I get home and run up to my room and lock my door and Lay on my bed wondering why did I deserve this. I decide to change into my PJs. I lay on my bed and cry. I just can't believe this.
I'm sorry I Kinda put you guys at a cliffhanger I'm sorry. I'll try to update soon so stay toned and also I made it to 1100 words. I actually made it over that. Thanks for the support and keep reading buttercups👍🏻-Alexa
Instagram: alexag17