Night

In the year 2030 our world was taken over and many humans were either killed off or turned into slaves. Some where even turned into Vampires. After they were turned, they were never the same. Your best friend could be human, then turn into a monster that wanted nothing more then to kill you and drink your blood.

I had to kill a couple of my friends already because they turned into monsters. It never gets easer. Our world was never to turn like this. I mean, we knew they existed. But soon as they really made their self known; that's when everything changed.

"Elly no!"

<><>

Waking up, gasping for air; my heart is going beating fast.

Looking around my room, it's hardly dark due to the small lamp beside my bed. I hate the dark; ever since the Vampires came out of their own darkness.

Sitting up, I run my fingers through my hair and grown in pain. Looking at my arm, it's scared badly. I have nirv damage in my right arm, ever since I was attacked by a Vampire two years ago. That same day, my mom was killed before my eyes by a Vampire; that I will some day kill.

The Queen herself and I'll enjoy it.

Getting out of bed, my foot is asleep. The sleeping feeling shoots up through my body, making have the urge to pee. Going to my personl bathroom, I do what I need to.

Getting dressed, I finish up with my hair, teeth and put my gloves on. The scare reaches up to my elbow on my right arm. The Queen fingernails dug into my arm. I was close to losing my arm. I wouldn't care if I had, if only I could had saved my mom. But I was to weak back then.

Leaving my room, I head to the kitchen to fix something up to eat before I go train. As I'm down there, my dad comes down. Dad is a big guy, he's six foot twelve, big build, sharp nose and chin. His eys have grown cold over the years, but I can still see my old dad in those eyes. I can still see the man that tought me how to ride a bike, who helped me with my homework and who scared the crap out of my first boyfriend to the point, that he wet himself in front of him.

Easy to say, I never seen that guy again. Until I drove a stake through his heart.

"How did you sleep?" Dad asks, as he gets some coffee.

This was our morning; over and over again dad would ask the same thing over and over again. I don't think he knows what to ask anymore, his head is so deep into the war against the Vampires that I don't think I will ever see my old dad. "Had a nightmare," I tell him, sitting down to eat left over eggs that were fried up last night.

"That's good," he says to me, not paying attion.

"Yeah, seeing mom getting killed over and over again is a happy dream for me all the time," rolling my eyes, my hunger fades away.

Dad turns around to face me, as I get up from my chair. "Elly--"

He was going to say sorry he wasn't paying attion to me. But he'll do it again tomorrow and the next day, the next day after that and so on so forth. "I remember that creature attacking me, for just getting in her way." Putting the food away, I face the fridge as I keep talking. "I remember something else now," I tell him.

"What? What do you remember?" He asks me.

Turning to face him, I hold my arm out to him that is all scared up. "There was a boy there, watching everything happen. He didn't help us, he just watched with a dead stare as if he seen nothing happen before his eyes." I tell him, thinking of the boy just standing there. He looked right through me, as if I wasn't there.

"Was he one of them?" Dad asks me, getting that gaured look on his face again. That face was all him now. His happy face was only for a split second and then it was nothing, only to be replaced by the gaured face.