Chapter 12

First things first, I am dedicating this chapter (as well as the entire book) to Pinkcheeks113. She made the most incredible covers for Dear Harry, The Wedding Planner and Cold. I couldn't thank her enough. Thank you.

Chapter 12

I stood alone, in the middle of the dance floor without Lucca and Nicholas. They promised they were not going to leave me alone and would accompany me for the entire night. But apparently, the two left the moment we step into the building, claiming that they have some business to attend. I huffed in annoyance, what is more important than rescuing me from this boredom.

Okay, a lot of other things are more important like saving dying monkey from the destroyed wildlife.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the thought of dying monkeys. I do love monkeys, even though they had stolen my banana once when I was three but still, they are the cutest thing ever, with the way they chatter. I laughed softly at the thought of them.

"What are you laughing at?" a voice asked me. I shrieked so loud I can feel the entire ballroom is eyeing me. I glare at Andrew who seemed amused by my reaction.

"Can you please no do that? I could have died and all of you would have missed me."

Andrew gave me a genuine smile - not one of his annoying arrogant smirk, I swear if I can wipe them away with antiseptic, I would - and my breath hitch at the sight of him. He leaned forward and whispered, "You wouldn't have died; I would perform CPR beforehand."

I shivered before placing my hand on his chest and push him away. Him being so close is not a good thing, I couldn't think straight. He reminded me of Andre then, but I push the thought of him away.

"Are you saying you would have kissed me?" I raised an eyebrow with a satisfied smirk.

He cocked his head to the side, "No, I just don't want you to die on my arms. You're heavy you know."

My smirk drops. That shouldn't have hurt me, but it does. I know he's joking but when you grew up with society telling you that you are too 'fat' or you will never be good enough, that one little comment will send you back into the memory lane. I see those memories flashing before my eyes.

There was me standing in the red carpet posing for pictures and then there were people shouting at me, calling me fat and how I always ruin everything. My parents were there but they weren't saying anything, they just pose there for pictures with my sister and her new boyfriend. They looked like the perfect family because I wasn't standing there, with them.

"Are you okay?" a voice snapped me out of my thought. I shook my head and blink my tears away before giving Andrew a toothy grin.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You were spacing out again." he looked unconvinced with my answer but didn't comment further.

"So," I cleared my throat after a moment of silent, "Where's Lucca and Nicholas?"

His eyes hardened and his smile turns into a scowl, "They have business to attend. Stop worrying about them, you're my date tonight."

I frowned at him, "You said anything about date?"

"I did," he answered smartly, "Erase that frown of yours, it's unattractive and smile. The photographers will be arriving soon."

My frown deepened, "Photographers? What's the occasion?"