Chapter 1

This is my first chapter book. I hope you guys like it. It may not seem R bad, but you guys will see just keep reading.

Zoey's POV

It was a chilly outside, even though it was the first day of summer. I was waiting for my friends to get here, and so was my brother. We could only have both when our mom was at work.

"DING DONG!" the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" my brother, Zachary shouts. He always thinks he is in charge of everything. I know it's Sarah and Maddy, my friends, when I heard them yell at Zach for slamming the door in their faces.

"I'm in here ladies! And really Zach, real mature!" I yell from my room. He is always doing this. They came in and we greeted each other.

"DING DONG!" the doorbell rang again, but instead of once, it was 7 times in a beat. I then knew Mike and Angela were here. They were 12, and just learned about the human body and sex. Ug! So they acted like huge perverts all around the house making dirty jokes. Angela is Mexican with long wavy hair and yellow skin. She is 100% Mexican, but she is adopted by a white family. She is really pretty, in my opinion, but guys don't think like girls. Mike on the other hand was a... handful. He is white with a year-round tan, brown hair, blues eyes. Girls go crazy for him, but I just didn't have a crush on him like that. I just didn't like boys yet, they had cooties. I know childish, but i was 8, and Sarah and Maddy were 9.

"You ready to go to the park?" I asked.

"Yeah," Maddy and Sarah said in unison. We walked past my brother and he tripped me.

"Where are you guys going?" Zack asked.

"Relax, doofus, just to the park," Sarah said.

"Bye-bye," Mike said.

"Wait," I stopped walking in front of the door and said," What are you guys going to do?"

"Oh, just watch some pornos," Zach replies. You see what I meant?!

"You guys are disgusting," Maddy said and ran out the door. Sarah and I followed.

I turn around before closing the door and said,"Why do you have to be so embarrassing?" With that, I turned around and caught up with the girls. We went to TCBY. They have the best frozen yogurt. After, we went to the park we usually go to. After about an hour, I droped Sarah and Maddy off at their houses. When I got back home, I saw that Mike and Angela were still there. Great!

I saw they were having pizza and heard my stomach growling. I went over to steal a slice. I grabbed a slice and in the process of putting it in my mouth, Mike took a huge bite. He had his signature smirk on his face. I threw at him, and it landed on his lap. He stood up and he had a huge tomato sauce stain on his... you know what. I took his smirk an threw it right back at him.

He took me by surprise, because my smirk turned into shock. He took his pants off and I saw he had some tight boxer briefs on. I didn't mean to, but I kept staring at... it. It was my first time. Mike gave me a look that said, you-like-what-you-see?

"Hey! Dude, my sister!" Zach exclaimed. That got me to stop staring.

"What? She asked for it," Mike replied with cockiness in his tone.

"What about me? God, you're disgusting," Angela said.

"Get over yourself, you know you like what you see," Mike replied. Why could'nt I stop staring? I didn't notice, but Zach came back with some basketball shorts. Mike put them on.

"Mike, can you come here for a sec?" I asked quietly.

"Sure," he replied. We walked out of ear-shot.

"Don't tell anyone what happened tonight. Please," I asked keeping my head down with shame.

"What? That you were staring at my-"

"Yes, now pinkie swear," I say frustrated. I held out my pinkie waiting. He looked at me with a huge grin on his face. He finally connects his pinkie with mine, we locked it up by putting our thumbs together.

"DING DONG!" the doorbell rang again. Who could that be. Nobody comes and rings the doorbell past 7, and our mom got off at 10.

Zachary opened the door and we saw that there was a policeman with his hat on his chest. Oh no, that means something bad has happened. But what? "It pains me to say this," the policeman started,"but your mother is no longer with us." When he let those words out of his mouth, I don't know why, but I ran to Mike and had him hold me. I just cried my life away.

Zach got all the details while Mike cradled me in his arm, pretty strong for a 12-year-old? It was a lot to take in for an 8-year-old.

~

I must've fallen asleep because I woke up in my bed. I walked in my bathroom and saw my reflection the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy from the crying and, I smelled like outside. I took a long, hot shower and cried. It took 30 minutes for me to be able to see through my tears and the water. I got dressed and brush my hair out to put it in a braid. I walked down memory lane, and saw us smiling and laughing as a family. Some even have our dad. He died when I was 3, I didn't know him that well, but mom used to tell us all about him.

When I thought I was done crying, I burst out into tears. I saw Zach on the couch, I layed down next to him.

~

We had to go to our grandparents and sold the house. I took some of mom's favorite things, but had to sell the rest. We went to her funeral and said goodbye to everyone, which made me start crying again. I didn't want to move, but it wasn't a choice. If it was up to me, I would be staying with Sarah or Maddy.