Chapter 6- The Beginning

Frigid water seeped down my neck, wetting the collar of my shirt and dribbling down my cleavage. It took a hair more effort to open my eyes than normal, the water coating my eyelashes and matting them together. My green eyes pierced through the mirror at me, cutting through any last shred of nervousness and solidifying my resolve. I studied my wind swept hair, beachy waves cascading softly down my back and ending at my waist. I normally never do my hair, leaving my natural semi-straight waviness to do whatever it pleases. As with my face, I normally never wear makeup. But today is special.

My eye makeup was clean and professional looking, accenting my eyes with a tiny smokey flourish and darkening my lips only slightly. He likes a woman that has a secret vixen side to her. Very submissive, yet won't take "no" from anybody else. He likes being the only one his women bend to. My cheeks were bare and the wispy feather tattoo that normally flirts into view on the side/back of my neck was covered and powdered. He doesn't seem to like tattoos.

I took my hands off the formica bathroom countertop, grabbing some paper towels to dry my face, then picked up the cup of heinously expensive dirt flavored water- er... coffee. The wafts of heated scent that rose from the rich brew smelled heavenly- but the enticing aroma couldn't fool me. I know how that trickster tastes. (Hint- nasty. I don't do coffee. Why do you have to be obsessed with coffee, Mica? Just... Why?)

My phone buzzed and I fished it out of my purse- I hate purses...- and checked the text.

Jax: I'm in position. I'll be following you. Promise me you'll let me know if anything seems off. I mean anything. I'll be in to grab you in less than 30 seconds.

Smiling slightly at his worry, I tapped back a quick "Promise." before deleting my texts, silencing my phone, and sliding it back into my little rat bag/satchel thing- er... purse.

9:25am. No going back now.

Smoothing my black pencil skirt and tucking in the small tail of my plumb colored button up blouse, I nodded at my appearance and clicked my high heeled booty out of the sanitized ladies restroom and into the hustle and bustle of the airport.

Ghosts from the past resurfaced in Tokyo. My father has had his ear to the ground- and Sebastian's angry. He's planning something. And he won't fail again. We can't count on you escaping this time. He said. We need to finish things, for good. I know how that sounds... But I'm petrified for your safety if we don't do anything.

I've gone over option upon option with my father, your brother, heck- even my brother. And finally, I have a plan that will work. That's why I stayed behind an extra day in Tokyo- I made some arrangements. I absolutely loathe asking you- it'll be lathering you up with barbecue sauce and sending you into the lion's den- but there's no other way... Would you be willing to help?

If he only knew.

As soon as Jax had told me that grumblings about Sebastian planning something again had started up, I knew I had to keep what I had been doing a secret. Covert operations that nobody would approve of. I was flirting and dancing with the line, crossing into enemy territory and tickling the whiskers of the lions that Jax was talking about. It's why I didn't tell Zoe where I was going every time I tracked Giovanni from warehouse to warehouse, pick up to drop off. It's why I couldn't let her in on why I kept frequenting the 24 Hour Fitness once I connected Giovanni to Frank. After a while, I couldn't explain why I suddenly needed to spend every Thursday and Friday evening out, and then come back sweaty and exhausted.

Frank was a great kick boxing instructor- I really did appreciate all the tips and bio-mechanical exercises he showed me. But I really just needed to be in his basement gym space for when the blonde haired business man he spent lunch every other Tuesday with came over. I needed to be sweaty and focused on beating the beans out of the punching bag when the blonde haired man swooped into the basement to confirm something with Frank. I needed to catch his eye, pretend to not have any ears for business that wasn't my own, and then seduce him with how my lean muscles coiled and sprung under my sports bra and tight spandex shorts. I needed Mica to need to get to know me. To need me to run errands for him. To need me at the office with him.