Chapter 17- Anticipation Kills

~Josette's POV~

I kept my focus down on the computer screen and tried not to lift my eyes to the two figures in the corner. The lights were off in the office and I knew the video cameras were going to be scrubbed clean of this incident- a video jammer device was sitting on Mica's desk, the black box of lights blinking- so the two people in the corner paid no mind to the incriminating evidence being caught on camera. After cringing at yet another gasp and loud outburst from Zoe, I snuck a peek over at them and futilely strained to hear what they were saying.

A man was crouching over the trash can, sifting through it and examining the crumpled papers while Zoe's head was down, her shoulders shaking. Another crimson red droplet splattered to the gory puddle on the ground, ricochet splashing the crouching man's light grey dress shirt. His glittering blue eyes locked on Zoe's quivering form and he pushed off the ground, away from the pool of red.

His hand shot out, reaching up to Zoe's face and snatching the drink from her hands just as she brought it away from her mouth. Zoe covered her laughing mouth, whispering sorry and giggling as she looked around for some water and napkins. Reed's easy grin flashed as he came around towards me and grabbed a bottle of water from his briefcase.

"I promise I'm not always this clumsy, Reed. Just around you, I morph into some bumbling klutz! I don't know what it is. I'm so embarrassed!" Zoe cried, wetting a tissue and turning around to clean Reed's shirt. Reed's long fingers finished on his cuff buttons and reached up to quickly undo the few below his neck. His tousled brassy hair disappeared under the soft grey of the shirt as he peeled it off, exposing the lightly tanned skin just above his waistline for a second before his white undershirt fell back down.

Zoe rubbed away at the dress shirt, swatting his hands when he insisted he could clean it and for her not to worry. Finally, Reed sat back and watched her. I took my eyes off of a red faced Zoe to watched him watching her, a faint smile coloring Reed's pale pink lips.

Reed looks vaguely like Jax, hints of their father in their angular nose, gorgeous cheekbones, and defined brows. Other than that, they were complete opposites. Reed's hair was coppery and shimmery brass, coming to life under the sun and burning with undertones of red and gold. His blue eyes were icy, just like his father's, and golden freckles splattered the bridge of his nose. His lightly tanned skin pulled taut over his high cheekbones, lips thin yet pouty with a strong dip on the top lip, he looked like a masculine version of Cassandra. Jax, with his porcelain skin and few alabaster freckles, deep raven hair that shone like obsidian under the sun, and lips full and tantalizing, had a much stronger jawline and defined collarbones.

While Jax looked like a 50's greaser, his hair falling down into his eyes and almost eternally worn black leather jacket just barely covering the grey and black swirls of ink that reached up his neck, Reed looked like Clark Kent, an all American firefighter type with dimpled chin and sweeping eyelashes. Just like Cassandra's show stopping smile, his little grin could have a girl weak in the knees. A stunning man, really.

What is with the Logan family genes?! Seriously, can I get some of that beauty?!

"Don't worry Zoe, Jax has told me all about how graceful you are." Reed said, shooting her a little wink and grinning as Zoe turned as neon red as the Cherry Icee that flew up the straw to his lips. The same straw that Zoe had just been drinking out of. "If my white shirt from dinner was able to walk away from the marinara sauce swimming pool, this one can beat a mere Icee."

"Zoe, why don't you go try getting that out with soap in the bathroom?" I asked, pushing away from Mica's desk and checking the clock. "Hey, and would you please get some more paper towels? We need to clean up the floor before it gets sticky." I called after Zoe as she left the office and turned the corner to the bathroom. Alone with Mr. Suavé, I closed in on him and snatched the Icee out of his hand.