Chapter 24: Stick Talk

Moni

"On Thursday, there was a fire on a dead end street under the Hodges Ferry Bridge. The fire seem to be started intensionally by a match. A dead body was found after the fire was put out and the body was later on identified as Marco Brown. Two weeks before Marco's death, he was involved in a fatal car accident and was in the hospital for six weeks. Marco got released out the hospital and stayed with a close relative. The relative said the night that Marco got murdered, he was at her house. Police are investigating for more evidence."

I stared at the TV screen in amazement. Who wanted to kill Marco?

The list of enemies that Marco had began to race through my head. They were either dead or in jail so it couldn't be none of them.

Maybe this was God way of telling me to let it go. I turned the channel to BET and got up. I was only in my boxer and white beater.

I've been laying low for a couple weeks after the shoot out with Ruth's crew. Word on the street that they put a price on my  head. However, they didn't know I did it. I don't care if they do find out, I'm not scared of no little hoodlums.

My phone began to ring and Monica name appeared on my phone screen. I suck my teeth and declined that bitch. Who the fuck does she think she is? This hoe really testing my patience. She think just because I fucked her, I still have feelings for her. She sadly mistaken because ain't no love over here. I'm a have to change my number so this thot can stop blowing up my phone.

I got dressed in a white tee and gray joggers with my red Lebrons. I put on my Brookyln snap back and gold chain.

I'm ready to go to the block and check on my nigga Deonte. I hopped in my Benz and called him.

"What up nigga?"

"Nothing much, how about you?"

"On the block getting this money. Yo, you heard about what happened to Marco?"

"Yeah, I saw it on the news. The nigga had it coming." I commented coldly.

"Yeah, he did. Nigga was a snake in the grass. Why you been M.I.A these couple of weeks?"

"I tell you when I get there."

"Ite nigga, I be here."

I hung up the phone and turned the radio up. I bumped Young M.A all the way to the trap. I pulled up in front of Deonte and gave him dap.

I got out the car and dapped the rest of the homies up. They were all strapped up, talking shit, and smoking blunts.

"Yo, Moni when you going to let me hit that?" Ron joked. Everybody laughed.

"Nigga please, I'm strictly clitly but I definitely fuck your bitch."

I said as I took a hit on the blunt. Ron flicked me off.

A car  stopped at the side of us and John got out the car. He was in a button down Armani suit. John was one of them crook cops that played the fence. When he was at work he helped take down criminals but when he was 't at work he came to the other side of the tracks. For the right price, John gave me valuable information that only was supposed to be kept confidential with the police. As much as I hate cops I couldn't turn down the opportunity of having a source from the OPS. It kept me from a lot of trouble and told me who or who not to fuck with.

"Hello Moni." John greeted me. I simply nodded my head towards him. Ron and the gang glared at him in disgust. John seemed unfazed by their cold stares as he lit up a cigarette.

"Let me talk to you right quick." He said.

We walked around the corner and that's when he began to talk.

"They have a case built out on you. They're trying to get you locked up on a burglary/murder charge. They had a witness named Marco Brown but he got murdered a few days ago. Although their witness is gone, they still have a strong case on you. Don't worry though I got this all under control." He assured me. I squinted my eyes at him.

"How exactly are you going to make this 'magically disappear'?"

John took another puff on his cigarette. "I'm in charge of the evidence and have access to the tapes. I can burn them and make it like it burned in my house fire." John explained. I handed him the 20 Gs.

"You better make this disappear or I'm a be paying your wife and daughter a visit." I threatened.

"No need for the threats, Moni. I got you like all those other time I helped you out. Don't stress your pretty little head." He teased. I watched him as he walked back to his car and drove off. I shook my head and kick a trash can over.

This pussy nigga not only been fucking my bitch, but been snitching on me. Lord he lucky somebody else got to him before I did. I would of broke his fucking neck and bury his ass alive.

I walked back to the block and told Deonte what happened. Deonte was just as mad as I was.

"That nigga ain't shit for real. I can't believe he did you dirty like that."

I shook my head as took another hit on the blunt. I need something to calm my nerves. I continued to talk shit to Deonte and talked about Monica.

"That bitch came to my crib looking like she came straight out of a magazine. The way that ass was sitting out in that skirt had a nigga hypnotized. Next thing I know I had her bent over the couch taking this dick." I told him.

Deonte laughed.

"Fucked her and kicked her right out the spot." Deonte joked as we dapped.

A car slowly passed by slowly and all of us stopped talking to see who it was. I squinted my eyes to see who was in the driver seat. My eyes went big as golf balls when I realize it was Brody, one of Ruth's hit man.

"It's a hit!" I yelled. I pulled out my gun from my waistband and started to shoot at his car. Brody rolled down his window and three tec guns sat out.

They started firing bullets back at us but we didn't back down. We all decorated the car with bullets and hit one of them in the back seat. Seeing that they were outnumbered, they sped away.

Ron ran to the middle of the street and kept shooting at the car.

"D, you alright?" I asked.

I didn't get a response so I turned around to look at him.

Deonte was holding on to his shoulder as blood Poured out his bullet wound.

"Yo, call the ambulance. Deonte got shot!"

I ran over to him and put my jacket on his bullet wound and applied pressure so he wouldn't lose a lot of blood.

"C'mon D, I'm a need you to stay awake. You going to be alright." I comforted him.

There was no way I was losing another brother.

Sorry 4 the wait

Thanks to CaliKiddWife for the help 💛

Peace ✌🏾

N

Love 💜