Chapter One

-Sumi's POV-

I was currently sitting in front of Seiyo Academy, waiting for my best friend who was probably running late again. I sigh and take out a book before reading from where I left off. Kukiko was on my shoulder, reading along with me when she suddenly groaned and rolled over.

"Reading is so boring," she said as she started flying off my shoulder, "let's go do something fun."

I look up at her and was about to speak when I noticed Kyoumi walking through the front gates. I smiled and put my book away before standing up. Kyoumi has been my friend since we were little and she's always pretty much been my voice, talking to others for me as I hid behind her. She ran up to me and if course being the person I am I started scolding her.

"You know you should learn to get ready sooner so you aren't always running late." I said, crossing my arms as she stood in front of me.

"But we know that will never happen." She said, smirking at me. "Don't we Sumi."

I giggle and roll my eyes before saying. "Guess not. Come on we have to get to our homeroom."

Kyoumi nods and we start walking inside and down the hall, talking about random stuff as we usually do. We got halfway down the hall when I saw  Tadase Hotori walking with the cool and spicy Amu Hinamori. I quickly hid behind Kyoumi and she gave me a questioning look before looking at the two guardians, smirking now at me.

"You should go talk to him." She spoke softly.

I quickly shake my head before speaking just as softly.

"I-I can't do that. W-What if I make a fool of myself." I whimper.

Kyoumi sighed. "There's no way you could do that just put on a brave face."

I shake my head again and watch as the two walk away. I sighed and started walking the other way, Kyoumi following behind. We quickly got to class and sat at our seats as the teacher started taking role call.

It was going to be a long day and I won't be ready for it.