Top Secret Roommates

"Hi! I'm Aubrey, wait you already know that, uh, it's great to meet you guys!" I wasn't really good when it came to meeting new people, I always got nervous and couldn't speak, as you can tell.

"Well come in! The bed on the right, bottom bunk, is yours." Michelle said, as we walked into the room. I could tell she was the leader of the group. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was the big banner on the ceiling which read, 'Welcome Aubrey!' In big letters, along with confetti all over the room.

"So, we're going down to get something to drink at the caf.  Could we get you something?  We figured we would let you get your stuff sorted out and have some time with your parents.  If we're not back by the time you're done, you're welcome to join us!"  Katie said, they were all waiting at the door staring at me for my answer. 

"I'm fine, thanks though!  I might just get settled in,  then I'll come find you."  I replied, setting my suitcase on my bed.

"Yep, sure thing! I have a feeling you're going to like it here, everyone does!  well, anyways, bye!"  Michelle said, giving me a warming smile.  And with that, they were out the door.  I took a quick look around the room, hot pink walls with lime green polkadots.  The bed sheets were all dark purple, and there were drawings all around the room.  In one corner there was an acoustic guitar  The room was exceptional in size, almost two times my room back home.  It had a walk in closet and a door that led straight to the two bathrooms they had, just for their room.  All in all, it was a great room, but something inside me wasn't happy at all.  Maybe it was the fact that my birth parents, whom I'd never met, were gone.  Off in Heaven, who knew if I had any real family who wasn't locked up in prison.  My dad spoke and got me out of whatever trance I was locked in.

"Wow, Aubrey, this room looks just like you!  All dolled up and such!"  He seemed way too happy at the moment.  I nooded in agreement, still somewhat in a daze. I would never meet my birth parents, until I died at least.  How could someone ruin a baby's life like that?  Or even a country like that.. Even though they probably had no idea that I even existed at the time.  But, I will never meet my parents! Until Heaven, that is.

"Hey, Bree, you're gonna be alright here.  We wont be able to visit very often, maybe once a month, until the search goes down.  But right now you need to keep a low profile, that means dont tell anyone wher]e you are.  Tell them that you are in Missouri and a relative died or something.  We just want you to be safe."  My father's eyes looked misty.

"Dad, how long do you think I'll be here?" My eyes were brimming with tears.

"Right now that's a tough thing to answer.  Possibly six months, possibly eight, maybe even a couple years.  It all depepnds on how soon we can get it under control."  

Brooklyn is going to be so sad!  So is Jacob!  They're going to think I got abducted or something.

"Well, Aubrey, we need to head out.  We will see you in about five weeks, just think of it as summer camp!  In the middle of January.  We love you!"

My mom was already bawling.  Seeing her cry made the tears that were held in my eyes start to spill.  Pretty soon all three of us were crying.

"You guys make sure to record Pretty Little Liars for me, and mom, don't even think about cleaning my room!"  

We all said our goodbyes and I was alone for the first time of the day.  I unpacked all of my stuff.  Despite how much stuff the other girls had, there was still plenty of room for all of mine.    When I was done unpacking, 30 minutes had passed, and my roommates still weren't back.  I sat on my bed and just thought out loud for a few minutes.

I wonder if all of my roommates are Christians, like I am.  What if I'm the only Christian here?

Just as I thought that, I looked at Michelles bed.  Smack dab in the middle was a pink zebra striped book.  To get a better look, I moved across the room.  Her bed was the bottom on the left.  I could tell it was hers by the white-board that read 'Michelle' in big blue dry-erase marker.  Everyone had one by their bed, and you could write whatever you wanted on it.  The one on my bed had my name written hugely in three different places, all different handwriting.  I picked up the bible, not to be sneaky or anything, but it looked so cute!  And right as I did, the door flew open.  I looked up and heard three girls giggling.