TOP SECRET Lunch Date

"Aubrey, you're not like normal little girls, you're special." My mother was in my dorm room. I remember her saying that to me before my very first day of Preschool. 

        "My mommy says that I'm special." I see a little girl about six years old looking at me. I remember saying to my kindergarten class the day I brought my show and tell, which was just a picture of me and my dog, Stanley.

       "You're no more special than the rest of these children, Aubrey. Now sit down and work on your assignment." My 5th grade teacher Mrs. Lannings tells me as she emphasized with shaking a ruler in my face.

        "Aubrey, Sarah is more special than you. She's prettier, more athletic, smarter, all around better than you. That's why I cheated." Jacob says, standing in my dorm room, in fact, why were all of these people standing in my dorm room?

        "How did you all get here?" I ask, their faces remain blank except for my mother, she stands like a pillar as she repeats her statement. The door opens and in walks a tall woman with light brown hair, wearing ragged clothes, almost like a homeless person would wear. Somehow, she looks familiar.

        She walks over to me and touches her hand to my cheek. "You are special. You are the only person who knows about me, you are the only one that can save me. Jessica, please, find me. You were once here, and I know you will come again. I miss you, my child." She drops her hand, her smiling face changing into a look of fear, and she, along with all the others standing in the room, run out.

        "Wait, who are you? How do I save you?" I scream, but hear no answer. I try to follow after them, but my legs wont move. "Come back! I need to know how to help!"

        "Aubrey."

        "Who is that?" I cried

        "Aubrey!"

        "Please, tell me..." I said, exasperated

        I feel cold water pour over me.

        "Aubrey! Wake up it's 9:56!"

        I was sleeping? Who was that woman, and why did she need my help?

        "Aubrey." Michelle says, hovering over my bed.

        "It's 9:57. We have to be there at 10:15."

        Crap! Today was Monday, and we had school, most importantly the first day, and I only had 18 minutes to get there! As I jolted out of my bed, I grabbed my clothes. I decided to put my hair in a messy bun and wear sweats. When I got out of the restroom after getting ready, I saw Michelle, Katie, And Tracy, all dressed up in their most formal attire.

        "Scarves? Skinny jeans? We're going to school, not the Grammys!" They all turned to face me, and as soon as they saw me they busted up in laughter.

        "We may be dressed a little extravagantly, but at least we have our undies where they're supposed to be, under our pants!" Katie said, snickering.

        "Well I mean, isn't that kind of how it works? It's kind of dumb not to have them inside." I said, as I grabbed my backpack and headed for the door.

        "Aubrey, I really love your pink polka dot panties, but we gotta get a move on." Michelle said, as they busted out in laughter again. I looked down, and as if I were a really bad superhero, my pink undies were covering my black sweatpants.

        "Go change, hurry! You have eight minutes until class starts!" Said Tracy, as tears of laughter were glistening on her cheeks. With my beet red face, I ran into the bathroom and changed. When I returned the girls were holding my backpack which they had bought for me earlier. It was teal with white zebra stripes and studded with black rhinestones. I threw the bag on, and Katie pulled me out the door.