Michael's POV

I was so tired. I couldn't stop thinking about Aubrey. I mean, she had a boyfriend, I know, but it was her who invaded my thoughts all day, everyday.  I had never felt this way about a girl before. I wasn't the kind of guy who threw away my feelings to just anyone either.  I had only had two girlfriends in the past, neither of them very serious.

There was something about Aubrey that just made my heart go wild.  It was a weird feeling.  When I was around her it felt like I was having a heart attack.  My heart would speed up and my palms would get sweaty.  I hoped this was normal when you liked someone, or else I had to get an appointment with a doctor immediately. I had only known Aubrey for a few weeks, but every time I was around her I would get these weird feelings, and I didn't know what to say or do.

Zach was looking out of the little spy glass on the door.

"Hey guys there's something happening out in the hall.  Do you hear that?"  We listened, it sounded like a bunch of guys whispering and someone was crying.  Are you kidding me?  Everyone on this floor is sixteen.  Someone who cries like that needs to go back to preschool.  Bruce and Isaiah were too lazy to get up, but I went out the door to see who the heck was crying like a baby. I mean, we were trying to sleep here.  I went out the door and there she was, sitting in the hallway bawling her eyes out.

My heart hurt to see her like this. I walked up to her, she looked terrible, well, let me rephrase that.  She didn't look too whoopee.  She could never look terrible.  All the guys were whispering about her.  I got her up and gave them a glare, and just like that they shut up.  

Once we were out of the school and at the outdoor pool, I asked her what had happened.  She was so beautiful in the moonlight.  Apparently Jacob had cheated on her. Which was a loss on his part.  I mean, you get a treasure like Aubrey and then you throw her out on the curb just like that.  I just sat and stared at her.  All I could think about was how gorgeous she was.  And then I did something out of the ordinary.  I kissed her forehead.  She blushed, it was adorable.  For a while we just talked about God and how he leads two people together in the weirdest ways.  After that talk, things felt different between us, like something had sparked.  On the way back we held hands.  I knew that from this moment on we could no longer be 'just friends', we were more than that. 

I told the guys what had happened, they were all surprised, yet happy for us. When I went to bed that night, all I could dream of was her.

Authors Note

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that it's such a short chapter! I'm super busy nowadays.  Let me know in the comments what you thought and how you think it should go from here!  Don't forget to vote!  Thanks for reading!  The next chapter should be up in a couple weeks, and it should be longer this time too!  TTFN! :)