Chapter Seven

We followed Derp and John to the receptionist's stand, where we saw a short girl with brown hair, brown eyes, and an orange shirt under her green apron, looking into a tablet (Which was from the cafe).

Derp coughed like she wanted the short girl to notice her, since the girl was too into the tablet.

"Huh," The short girl said as she looking up at Derp's annoyed face, "Oh! I'm so sorry! Welcome to the Plumbob Cafe! I'm Glitter, your receptionist! Erm, party of?"

"Actually, if you don't remember, I already have a seat. I'm just adding these four people to my party. So we need extra seats." Derp said. "Right away, Miss!" Glitter said in a shy voice, but determined. Then, some tall waiter (Almost John's height) with light brown hair and a striped black-and-gray shirt above his apron walked up behind Glitter and put his hand on her shoulder. "I'll send them to their table." The waiter said towards Glitter. Glitter nodded and looked back into her tablet. "Now," The waiter said with a warm smile, "Ma'am, could you please show me to the table you were sitting at?" I was guessing he said that towards Derp. "Yeah, sure." Derp replied. We followed Derp back to the table she was sitting at outside the cafe with John. "This is our table." Derp said towards the waiter. "Alright," The waiter said, "You may take a seat. I'll get four more chairs for the rest of your party."

Derp and John sat down in the seats they sat in before. The waiter brought Kitteh, Chua, Soapy, and I's chairs, one by one. He didn't look tired after carrying all those chairs. The four of us sat in each chair. The waiter gave us our menus. "Welcome to the Plumbob cafe," The waiter said, "I'm Odd Plumbob and I'll be your waiter today."

"Odd Plumbob? As in the owners son?" Derp asked. "Yeah." Odd said. "Why are you working at your own cafe?" Kitteh asked, perplexed. "Well, it's not my cafe, since my father owns it...and I need the money, like every other waiter and waitress here." Odd replied. "I see." Kitteh said. "Anyways," Odd said, "I'll be back in a couple minutes to get your orders." He walked into the cafe. I looked around the table a saw Kitteh, Chua, and Soapy, looking into their menus. Derp and John were just looking on their phones. I looked back at my menu, trying to find something to eat. Nothing on the menu really interested me, except for the teriyaki chicken. So I decided to order it. I looked at the drinks section of the menu and saw the chocolate smoothie they had. I decided to order that, along with my teriyaki chicken.

Five minutes later, Odd walked out of the cafe and over to our table. "Are we ready to order?" Odd asked the four of us as he took out a green notepad from the pocket of his apron. We all nodded and placed our orders, one by one.

"I'll take five plates of Taco Max Snax, one vanilla smoothie, and two cinnamon pretzels."

"I'll take a big bowl of rice and one strawberry smoothie with a side of two chicken wings."

"I'll take your Rain Forest Salad with a cherry soda."

"I'll have some teriyaki chicken with a chocolate smoothie, please."

Odd was surprised by most of our orders as he wrote it down on his notepad. He probably thought we were cows or something, especially Kitteh. "Erm, alright," Odd said in a surprising tone, "Your orders will be coming soon." He walked back inside the cafe. As we waited for our orders, there was silence across the table. Derp and John were still looking on their phones, Kitteh was just looking up at the sky, Chua lied his head on the table for some odd reason, and Soapy was just playing games on his phone.

After twenty minutes of silence, our food finally came. Odd placed each of our dishes in front of us. "There we go," He said placing my dish in front of me, which was the last dish he placed, "Anything else I can get you guys?"