Part 3

• Dedicated to gracie orr

. Chapter 4. I have been surprised a lot in life...and I mean a lot. First off I was surprised when 14 years ago Aunt Mia told me that me and Jess would be living with her. I was surprised when I saw my boyfriend and best friend making out. I was surprised when I found out that mermaids was real. But putting on some magical necklace that turned me into mermaid just pissed me off. I ran my fingers along the scales. I jerked them off after feeling the slime. "Hello." I whriled around to face the water.There was the little girl or should I say "mermaid". She smiled, "Now you know your true colors." she said. "These" i said slapping my tail on the sand "arent my true colors, im really a human." The girl held her hand to me. "Follow me." I was really hesitant at first but I had no choice. I placed my hand in hers and she dragged me into the water. "Whoa." i said clasping my hands over my mouth. "Its okay, you can talk underwater your a mermaid." said the girl. We began swimming."Whoa, its weird to swim with this thing and I can breathe and talk underwater, by the way whats your name?" She stopped swimming and turned to me. "My name is Marrisa. But my friends call me...risa." she said. "Well Risa my name is Stacy." "Shh" said Risa. She pulled me behind a rock perched on top of a rocky cliff. "Why are we whispering?" I asked. She let go of my hand and placed her hands on top of the rock. She pulled herself up and I did the same."Oh...my...gosh." I stared at the underwater city that lied before me. "What is this place?" I asked Risa. "The lost city of Atlantis." she said. Lights turned on in the odd shaped and doors popped open. Then tons of mermaids and i guess mer...men came out. But the thing that won me over was a palace. The palace was huge and so beautiful. "Who lives in that palace?" i asked Risa."You."