Part 11

Chapter 12

Tears came into my eyes as I stared at the dagger ready to plunge into my heart. Maden smiled and swung the dagger to my chest. I closed my eyes hoping to get it over with soon. I screamed out in pain as the dagger plunged into me. I stopped when I realized that instead of in my heart the dagger was in my tail fin. I opened my eyes and saw Maden, a look of surprise and horror as she looked towards the entrance of the cave. I heard voices yelling "CHARGE!" I looked towards the entrance and saw an army charge into the cave. They were riding over-sized seahorses and they were decorated in armor and helmets, pointing swords at Maden. They charged towards her. "Nippy!" she called. Nippy swam in front of her. A solider pulled out a bow and arrow and loaded it with an arrow with a red tip. He shot the arrow and it went into the shark. His eyes rolled back into his head and he fell onto the ground releasing a large cloud of dust. I felt my hands being untied and I turned to see who was helping me. "Rick?" I asked, puzzled that he was with the army. "Yes" he said. He had a knife and was sawing the ropes that held me. "I don't know how to put this but..umm..there's a dagger in my tail and it kinda hurts." I looked at my tail and yelped. My dark blue tail was starting to turn black. Rick swam over and yanked the dagger out of my tail. I gave a little scream. My tail turned back to its original color. "Come on," said Rick. "Wait." I said. "Rick...Maden hired humans to kidnap dad and he is still being held captive." He looked at me with watery eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he picked me up. He placed me on his seahorse. "Sir." said a solider to Rick "Maden has escaped." Rick glared at him. "We must not rest until she is found and destroyed."