Part 5

• Dedicated to lorraine smith

Chapter 6

I have never been more happy in my life. I was with my mom, who I thought was dead but who was a mermaid like me! I thought I would never say that. Well she had a lot of explaining to do. We talked over dinner. "So since your the queen, does that make me a princess or something?" I asked my mom. "Yes, it does." she said. " Your highness, I don't mean to be rude but should you not inform your daughter on what has been going on recently?" said Risa. " Your right." said mom "Here's what happened Stacy, me and your father were both born as merpeople, except I was born as a princess, well anyhow we fell in love and wanted to get married and spend the rest of our days together on the land, so we dragged ourselves onto the land and became human. We got married and got a house. Then we had you and your sister. Later we went on a cruise and the ship crashed. It was our first time back in the ocean. We hit the water, turned into merpeople and swam away." she said. "Why didn't you come back to me and Jess." I asked. "Well that was the problem, my father saw us and took me back to the throne and...your father was kidnapped and is still being held captive." she said. "What? Dad was I mean is kidnapped?" I was furious. "Where?" I asked. "That's the problem...we don't know where. But that's where you come in." she said. "whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa hold it. Me?" I asked. "Yes, said mom "go and get your Aunt Mia." she said. "Aunt Mia? you mean she's a mermaid too?" My mom gulped "yes."