Part 9

Chapter 10
I couldn't believe it...all the lies my family had kept from me for fourteen years.I didn't know what to say or even what to think. I left the palace and went for a swim around the city perimeter. Tears blinding my vision i stumbled on obstacles in my path. I was hoping to enjoy the silence and hopefully take it all in when I heard a woman scream "Help!" I rubbed the tears from my eyes and looked around. When I saw a mermaid caught in a net, which was hanging on the edge of an rock. "Help!" she called again. Her eyes met mine and I knew I had to help her. I swam over and tried to rip apart the net, though her big black tail kept getting in my way. "Do you have a knife or something?" I asked. *BANG* a loud crash boomed through the water and it sounded as if it were right next to me. A huge rock was hit by the crash (which actually was a light) and the rock shattered into a million  pieces. One large piece hit me on the side of my head and threw me back a little. I had to shake my head to keep my consciousness. I placed my hand where I had been hit and removed it...it was covered in blood. I looked up and saw blood beginning to waft from my head into the water. I looked at it for a while just floating there when I heard someone scream "Shark!!!" I whirled around to see the biggest great white that I had ever seen. My eyes widened when I saw him smile at me. "You...you can smile?" I stammered. "We can talk too." he said. I screamed and turned around to swim away but he grabbed me with his large fin. "Mom!" I called out. "Stacy, I'll find you." she called back. The mermaid who I tried to rescue stood in front of my vision. I didn't even get a good look at her face before I was hit on the head with a rock and blacked out.