Part 6

Chapter 7

I poked my head above the water, waves crashing against the back of my head. There it was, standing still in the dead of night...the beach house. The moon hung low in the sky surrounded by twinkling stars. I placed my elbows and arms like a army crawl onto the sand and dragged myself unto dry land. It felt weird...you know the sand. Even though when I was human I walked on it every day. "Oh no." I said to myself. I bit my lip as the transformation took place. The burning sensation climbed up my tail. Then it stopped, I rolled over and got back up on my feet. I nearly fell though, I still had my sea legs. I was wearing the same outfit that I had worn the last time I was human. I crept in through the back door. Surprisingly enough the lights were still on. "Aunt Mia?" I called. "In the dining room dear." she called. I came in and I was a little startled. "Who's that?" I asked pointing to the cute boy with blonde curls, sitting at my dining table. "Oh...this is... Rick" she said. " Don't worry" he said standing up. "I'm just like you." "How are you just like me?" I asked. "Well" he said "for starters, I'm a merman." I looked at him with a smile. "Well I know what your here for Stacy, and don't worry, I told Jess everything." said Aunt Mia. Just as she said that Jess came down holding the necklace that transformed me. "Put it on." I told her. She hesitantly put it around her neck. A flash of light beamed in the room and I was transformed. I popped my head out of the water and looked at Rick, Aunt Mia, and Jess. "Okay" said Jess "this is officially the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I laughed "Come on" I said" The queen is waiting."