Chapter 11 Welcome Home

My mom picked us up since my dad was at work. I was in no mood to socialize. I wanted her to just take us home and let us go to bed. But no! That would have been too much to ask for.

"How was your trip" She asked pulling out from the airport.

"It was great. We had lots of fun." Nina answered. I turned the music up on the radio, hoping she would catch on. I knew Nina wanted to talk about as much as I did.

"I'm glad you liked it. Harmony's sister saw the interview you two did. She said she was surprised you were so quick to start talking." Mom laughed and looked at me. "What's wrong? Didn't you have fun?"

"I had tons of fun. I'm just upset I had to leave and I seriously just want to get home and go to bed." I sighed. Looked like she wasn't going to get the message.

"You can't sleep all day. We have to clean the house and get some other things done."

"You're kidding! Mom, I didn't sleep much last night and am not in a good mood. All I want to do is go to sleep." I turned the radio up louder. I knew I was acting rude and stupid but I didn't care. I was already missing Niall and it hadn't even been a whole day.

That night when my dad got home he was in a terrible mood. It made me glad Nina had left soon after we woke up. He had always pulled stuff like this. He only rarely came home in a good mood. Most nights the rants were about the house and money. I hadn't ever really told anyone how bad it could get at my house. Not even Nina and we told each other everything.

That night was no different from most but he decided to throw in my trip too.

"This floor needs to be mopped!" He yelled sitting on the couch.

"It was just mopped today, Daddy." I said. A deaf person could have heard the attitude in my voice.

"I don't want attitude from you little girl. I let you go to Florida with just a friend to hang out with some boys! I better not get any attitude out of you for awhile." His threat was empty. He may have complained a lot but he never hit one of us. He just wasn't the type. He was raised to believe, like most southern men, that you never hit a lady.

"Yes,sir."

I practically ran to my room and slammed the door. I was about ready to cry and I didn't cry in front of people easily.

Today on the plane had been an exception. Crying in front of people made me feel weak. It made me feel like I was showing a terrible weakness. I had nor have any Idea why I feel like this about crying. No one had ever told me it was a bad thing. It was the opposite really. I had always been encouraged to show my emotions. Encouraged to never hold anything in.

Just when I thought I was going to break Niall called. His voice seemed to make everything better. I told him how terrible my day had been and how much I was missing him.

"I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Everything is going to be alright. I miss you like crazy too. It's going to be weird sleeping with out you tonight. I've gotten use to having you here beside me."

"Maybe you can get Harry to sleep with you. He is going to be pretty lonely tonight too." I laughed.

"It wont be the same. He isn't as cute."

We hung up not long after that. I was joking with him but honestly I was going to have trouble falling asleep too. I had gotten use to falling asleep while he held me close.

I sighed. It was going go be a long night.

*Sorry this chapter isn't very good. I'll probably have another one up tonight.