Could We Burn Darling? (Part Two)

"Hello Laurence...Did we have fun in town?" Ava asked with a hint of knowing in her voice.

"Yeah, tons thanks!" I said sitting down.

Lilly sat opposite me and Ava sat next to her. The door opened and He walked in. Suddenly the young servant girl changed, she couldn't take her eyes off the Cardinal and her sweet smile was gone, instead it was replaced by her biting her bottom lip seductively.

She looked like she was trying to make her body look more appealing to Him as she moved around. Had He done something to her? His eyes rested on her a moment before He looked at us.

"I have big news for you!" He said a wicked grin on His lips.

The girl walked over to Him and He ran His disgusting hand across her waist and down her thigh. I felt like throwing up. It was horrible she wasn't much different than me in age and she was His latest toy. I looked at Lilly and Ava. Lilly shuddered and Ava began to gag quietly.

This was having the same sickening effect on them as it was on me.

"Girl...Go to my chamber...You know what to do!" He said as he let go of her.

"Yes darling!" She chirped.

Lilly, Ava and I looked at each other with the same ill expression. Another girl entered, as she left, carrying a large tray. She put in on the table before silently leaving, the Cardinal had no effect on her except pure fear.

"If this girl is of such a desire to you, why not change Her Father?" Ava asked. I couldn't believe her, was she really suggesting for Him to change that nearly innocent girl?

"Because she is more useful to me alive my child!" The Cardinal claimed. Something was wrong. He had never had use of humans before. Why start now?

"But why? If she were a vampire she would be stronger and you could control her with more ease!" Lilly stated. Lilly too? I thought these girls were smart. Obviously I had been gone to long and they had changed far too much.

"I have plans for her!" The Cardinal stated bluntly.

"Plans of what sort?" Ava asked growing frustrated.

He smiled a secretive grin causing her to frown. I wanted to know His plans. I could tell they wanted to know too. He would never tell us unless He wanted us to be involved, so we would have to find another way of knowing this plan. I looked at the Cardinal and saw He was looking at me. He smiled in a way that scared me the most. The smile He gave me almost made him look human!

"Laurence you are becoming a fine man!" The Cardinal claimed.

"Thank you." I said polity, trying hard to disguise the disgust in my voice.

"And Lilly you have grown up so fast...Ava and yourself are become the women your mother would be proud of!" He said smiling at them. As if He had ever cared for their mother.

"Thank you" Lilly said with a hint of sadness in her voice as she obviously hated the fact that he had mentioned Evelyn.

"And to think you thought I wouldn't notice-"

"Notice what father?" Lilly cut Him off before I could. He was never cut off and I could view the anger growing inside of Him. Would He do anything to her? No. Of course not. Lilly and Ava were His most prized possessions, like I used to be.

"Young lady, do not interrupt me whilst I am speaking. It infuriates me. Do you understand girl?"

"Yes. I apologise for my actions" Lilly bowed her head in sorrow, her flaming hair shielding my view of her face.