Mr. Bieber -- Four: Loners

Chapter Four: Loners

I lay on a couch in the living room while Justin was in the kitchen. I could smell the Italian seasonings, making my stomach rumble.

"So, what is your home life like?" he asks, his voice carrying through the huge house.

"Well, my dad stays at home," I say, biting the inside of my cheek. "He is a drunk. It started when my mom and brother died."

The chopping stops and Justin comes out of the kitchen. He sits beside me and lays a hand on my back. I give him a weak smile.

"They were going to a birthday party and a semi lost control, hitting the car. There was no way either of them could've survived. So that happened. I basically live alone when my dad isn't awake." I shrug my shoulders and look at him.

"I'm so sorry," he says, hugging me.

"I'm okay. It makes me stronger, I suppose. You know?" I say, hugging him back. "What about you?"

He picks me up bridal style and brings me into the kitchen. He sets me on the counter and continues to cut up the ingredients for the spaghetti. He looks at me and shrugs.

"Well, I am an international pop star so there is probably nothing you don't know. My mom lives back in Stratford with her boyfriend. My brother and sister live with my dad up in Canada also. I haven't dated anyone since all that drama with Selena," he says, rolling his eyes. "It gave me more time to spend working on my music. You know? But then, you know, I get lonely like every other human being."

I nod and swing my legs. He finishes chopping whatever it was and he brushes his hands off on a towel. He walks up to me, placing his hands on either side of me.

"I have you now so I am not as lonely," he says, smiling at me.

I smile back and tilt my head to the side.

"I don't know," I reply. "I am a pretty boring person. You will feel like you're alone when you're with me."

"I think that is a lie," he says, leaning in.

He presses his lips to mine, making my heart flutter. I kiss him back, wrapping my arms around him. I could feel his smile under my lips. His hands were still behind me as I pull him closer. He cocks his head to the right, getting a better angle for the kiss.

"Mm," he mumbles. "Blue raspberry."

I laugh, pulling back.

"Kinda reminds me of an Icee," he says, licking his lips. "I like it."

"I bet you do," I say, biting my lip.

"Oh, I do," he says, smiling.

I giggle and let go of him. He goes back to the food. I hop down and walk over to the table. I sit down at the table and Justin sets a plate of spaghetti in front of me. I smile and take in the smell. It smelled delicious. The kind of delicious only homemade food smells like. I plunge my fork into the pile of noodles, spinning them around.

I open my mouth and eat the noddles. The flavor explodes on my tongue, tasting absolutely amazing.

"Mm," I say, smiling. "This is amazing!"

He finishes chewing his bite and looks at me.

"Really?" he asks.

"Oh, God. This is the best thing ever. How did you learn to cook like this?" I ask, chewing another mouthful.

"My mom."

I laugh, covering my mouth. I nod and swallow.

"Well, your mom taught you well."