Mr. Bieber -- Nine: Letting Up

Nine -- Letting Up

I jerk awake, sitting up with my back straight as a board. I was covered with a sheen of sweat and my heart wad pounding. It felt as if it would explode out of my chest. I look around, searching for any sign of my father. I look at the calender. It was Monday. I practically glue myself to Justin, looking around again. He stirs and looks at me.

"What's going on?" he asks.

"He's gonna get me," I cry. "He's gonna get me."

Justin sits up and takes me in his arms.

"No one is going to get you," he assures me. "I'm here."

I shake my head and hold him tighter. He grabs the bag off of the bed-side table.

"Let me get you a glass of water," he says.

He pulls me off gently and I curl into a ball. I bury my face in my knees. I sob and sob, praying my father was nowhere near me. There was a soft touch on my arm and I scream.

"Hey, hey, hey!"

Justin shushes me, calming me down. I look at him, tears falling down my face. He holds out the glass.

"Let's get you all fixed up," he says.

He takes out the bottles of pills, looking over the labels. He tosses one back in the bag and pushes it off to the side.

"Take two for pain and take one for anxiety," he says, handing me the pills.

I take them from his hand and carefully place them on my tongue. I bring the glass to my lips, jerking my head back. I swallow the pills and hand Justin the glass. He sets it down then brushes the hair from my face.

"You're going to be okay," he says.

I look at him with hopeful eyes.

"Everything's gonna be okay," he says.

He hugs me and I lean into him. He kisses my head, calming me down. He is my safety. He is my saviour. I nuzzle my face into his neck, breathing in his scent. I couldn't let him go.

"Let's get you something to wear," he says, kissing my forehead.

He stands, leaving me on the bed. I shake my head quickly from side to side. I needed him here. He shushes me again and walks to the closet. He gets dressed in the bathroom then takes my hand.

"Is there anyone I can call to get you some clothes?"

I shake my head. I hold him and squeeze my eyes shut.

"Okay. I'll head over to your place to get the clothes," Justin tells me. "I'll get some clothes for today and tomorrow."

"Don't leave me," I beg.

"No one can get you here," he says softly.

"No one?" I ask, looking around.

"No one," he repeats. "I promise. No one will hurt you."

He stands up and I cover myself in the blanket. He kisses my forehead.

"I'll be back in a few minutes."

He grabs his keys and walks out. I look around, searching for any sign of danger. My body shook with fear. Without Justin here, I felt exposed to anything that wanted to hurt me. I lay down on the bed, curling up into a ball. I stare at the wall until I hear a knock on the door. My breathing picked up as I walk downstairs.

There was another knock and I was on the verge of crying. I look out the peep hole to see who I recognised to be Alfredo and Lil Twist. I grab my phone and dial Justin's number.