chapter eighteen

Harry's P.O.V *four days later*

It's been 4 days, and I still haven't heard any news of Leah. I still don't know if anyone has offered to donate their heart, and it frightens me. What if they can't find a donor in time? What's gonna happen then?

I've been pacing around in the living room for the past hour now, worrying about Leah. Even though she practically broke up with me, we're still married and I should be allowed to see her at the hospital. So therefore, I decided to go down there and find out how she's doing. 

I dropped Darcy off at Leah's dad's house before driving to the hospital. I was surprised to see so many paparazzis there, but I just kept my head down and ignored them. Right now I wasn't in the best mood for talking to them. 

When I got inside, I walked straight up the reception lady. 

"Hi, could I talk to one of Leah Styles's doctors?" I asked her. "It's kind of urgent." 

"Are you her family?" She asked. 

"I'm married to her." I replied. 

"Okay, let me get one for you." She said and dialed a number on her phone. She spoke a little bit with someone on the phone, and not long after she hung up, a man walked into the room. 

"Are you Mr. Styles?" The man asked and I nodded. "Okay, come with me." 

I followed him down the long hallway and into what seemed to be his office.

"I suppose you want to hear what's going on with Leah?" The doctor asked and I nodded.

"I'm just really worried about her, and I'm still afraid she won't survive." I said.

"Well, we do have some bad news. We were going to call tomorrow and tell you, but I might as well just say it now.." He started off. "We've been searching for a donor ever since Leah came into the hospital, but we still haven't found one. We ran a few more tests on Leah last night, and this is where the bad news come.. She only has about 30 hours before her heart fails and she'll fall asleep, so we need to find a donor in the next 24 hours, because the surgery does take some time."

"No, you can't be serious.." I said feeling my eyes get watery.

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Styles." He said. "You may go and see her if you'd like." 

"Tiny problem though.. She told me she never wanted to see me again.." I said and let the tears come. "But, if this might be the last 30 hours I'll have the chance to see her, I need to. No matter what she says.." 

I said bye to the doctor and headed to Leah's room. She was laying in the bed looking up at the roof. Her skin was so pale, and she had really dark rings under her eyes. 

"Hey.." I said quietly and stood by her bed. 

"I told you not to come back.." She said and looked away. 

"I know, but I just had to see you. I'm so scared of losing you, and I want to spend every single minute of my life with you. I just don't want to be away from you, Leah, I can't. It's different when I'm on tour, but now I'm here, and my job is to take care of you. And obviously, I haven't done a good enough of job..." I said. 

"Harry, I think it's time I tell you something.." She said. "I've been afraid of losing you too for the past 3 years.. Because, I've been having this really weird dream ever since Darcy was born, and it made me afraid.." 

"What? What happened in the dream?" I asked trying to make her look at me, but she kept her face away from me. 

"It's the same dream every time, just different parts of the dream.. It's always a little girl who looks exactly like Darcy sitting in front of a grave.. Your grave. She was crying and talking to you sort of, and I always woke up crying. The other boys know, but I told them not to tell you about it. I also told them to not ever bring it up in a conversation." She said. 

What she had just said made me really start thinking. Was it even a dream in the first place? Perhaps what she said should be taken as a sign? Should I be the one to offer her my heart?

........

this is short and kinda bad but.. shortest chapter i've written i think