chapter nineteen

Leah's P.O.V

As I woke up, I felt dizzy and the whole room was spinning. I tried sitting up, but I only fell right back on the bed. 

"Mummy?" 

I looked around the room to see that my whole family was here, both mine and Harry's. Harry's mum and step-dad were holding each other's hands and they were both crying. Gemma sat next to them, and I could see her eyes were red too. 

"Yes, Darcy?" I said, but I could barely get any voice out. 

Darcy came closer to the bed, and I noticed she was crying as well. She climbed up and gave me a hug. 

"Darcy, is everything okay, baby?" I asked her. 

"No.." She replied. "Daddy told me to give you this..." She said and picked up an envelope from the small table. 

"What's this?" I asked. 

"He only said you had to read it." She answered. 

I took the envelope out of her hands and slowly opened it. Inside was a letter, a long one. There was no doubt who it was from, and I honestly got scared. But, I started reading it still. 

Leah,

By the time you're reading this, we've already met for the very last time. I know I never got to say a proper goodbye, but take this is a goodbye-letter. 

Yesterday when I came here and you told me about your dream, I realized something. You told me you saw Darcy sitting in front of my grave, and that was when I understood that I needed to be the one to save you. 

The doctors told me they still hadn't found a donor, and I took that as a sign too. They said they needed to find one in the next 24 hours, or else you would fall asleep. So, I did what I had to do. I gave you my heart, literally. 

Hold your hand over your heart, and feel the heartbeat. That's my heart beating for you, keeping you alive. Whenever you feel your heart beating against your chest, I want you to think of me. I know we left in a bad place, but my love for you will never end. Not even in heaven, where I'll be watching over you and making sure you and Darcy are safe. 

Right now you're carrying my heart, and that's what's keeping you alive. This is my way of saying I'm sorry for everything I've done to hurt you. I've hurt you so many times, and you deserve better than me. I want you to find a man who will treat you better than I ever did. I want you to find Darcy a new father, someone to teach her all the great things in life. But most importantly, someone who will make you happier than I ever did. 

Inside this envelope is also a little video I put together for you. It's pictures and videos from the time we were together, the most precious time of my life. I want you to look at it whenever you're feeling down, and I want you to show it to Darcy when she's older and tell her how I died. I died to save her mummy. I died to protect this family. I died happy, please let her know that. Don't let her think I died because of sadness or depression, let her know I'm always looking out for her. I'll be the one making sure no one hurts her, and I'm going to scare away all the mean boys. 

I love you so much, Leah, and I'll never forget you. I'll always be next to you, holding my arms around you. So whenever you're lonely, remember that I'm always with you. I love you. 

Love, 

Harry x

........

double update, and the last chapter of the book!! hope you all enjoyed it, even though it's not over yet. The next book will be posted sometime later today or maybe tomorrow.