Thirty

Thirty chapters and the book's almost over!!! 😢

🐧
---------------------

Third Person's POV

"How did you get out of the hall, Love?" Killian asked softly. But Emma knew he was still angry.

They were in her cabin, Emma lying on the cot, Killian sitting on a chair next to it. Emma felt dry tears glued to her cheeks and that God-awful lump in her throat.

"Roland and . . . and William." She whispered. "I don't know how . . . they let me out."

There was a long silence.
"You know why I did it, don't you?" Killian asked. Guilt clouded his anger, but the anger didn't fade. It was still in there somewhere, and he knew it would come up for a visit later.

Emma didn't respond.

Yeah, I know why he did it. He doesn't believe I can protect myself, that's why he did it.

He sighed.
"I'm sorry." His voice was low and his tone genuine. His words were barely audible.

Emma just rolled her eyes. Killian seemed to notice.

"I am!" He assured her.

"It doesn't matter if you're sorry, Killian!" She sat up now. Her tone was upset and sensitive, as opposed to angry, though it was nearing anger closely. "I don't know if you realised but I'm in a really difficult position right now!" Emma sighed before confessing. "Pan gave me a letter telling me that Regina killed my father. I am on orphan!"

She noticed Killian's features immediately soften to an empathetic frown.

"I'm supposed to be the Saviour!" She cried. "How can I save the realms from that . . . monster if I couldn't even save my own parents?!"

The lump grew again. Emma couldn't remember the last time she was without that damn lump. She just wanted it to leave her alone; she had had enough tormenting. Tears began streaming down her reddened cheeks. She resisted them the best as she could, the tears coming out silent, with great effort.

Hook's POV

Of course. Her father was gone. No wonder.

Damn it, Jones! Why can't you just protect her without hurting her?

He felt terrible that she had opened up to him, about almost everything in her life. But he hadn't told her his greatest secret. How he became cursed.

Forty years ago.

It was her anniversary. The only woman I ever loved. One hundred and sixty years ago today, my Milah was murdered by that damned Crocodile.

The woman who sat before me, she was beautiful. Her soft, black hair fell just below her shoulders, framing her petite face perfectly. Her dark skin sparkled in a way too perfect to describe. But, beautiful as this woman may be, she was nothing more than a wench. That was it. I doubted that I would even have remembered her name by tomorrow.

Any other night, I would have sailed away with this woman hours ago. But not tonight. Tonight, I was a different man.

I had barely touched my ale, something rare to find when dealing with the infamous Captain Hook. My crew were at another table, their intentions to give this woman and I some privacy. They drank and joked, laughed and danced, while I stayed in silence across from this gorgeous woman.

I wasn't in the kindest of moods, so instead of excusing the woman to resume whatever she had been doing before, I just sighed and left the tavern.