Chapter Twelve: Attempt to Suicide;Failed.

Chapter Twelve

(A/N: This is just the flashback from Hayley's past when she almost killed herself. I know it's short but I'm going to update longer chapters soon, so bear with me. Thanks for reading. Vote and Comment. Dedicated to, believe_94 for reading and appreciating my fan fiction. Love always, Ishana)

15th June 2011

Hayley had been facing a lot of problems lately. She was losing her self more and more day by day. There was no one who could make that go away. The pain within her seemed rather permanent. All the insults, the taunts, the hateful words, drained her soul of emotions; specially happiness. She didn't care anymore; didn't care about living. Her state of mind was awful and her life as well. It seemed as if there was no escape, as if her misery would never end. So she decided to adopt the most effective method, suicide.

She sat on the cold, hard and motionless ground, with a paper and pen. She really didn't have the words or strength it took to describe her emotions to anybody. Neither did she have the courage to leave without any message. Although she knew, her absence wouldn't effect anybody. As it is, she was considered a waste of space and oxygen. She was doing a favor to them, to her, to Amanda. But did they deserve a favor? Not at all. But she being her selfless self, decided to do them the favor anyway. After all, she was doing herself a favor too. 

She sat there with her messy hair, tear stained cheeks, painful eyes and her useless self scribbling few words, marking her unfortunate existence. She wrote;

'I lost. I'm a loser and always will be. I'm sorry for bothering you all with my existence. So as an apology, I'm doing a favor to you all. By the time you find this, I'll be gone, forever for good. Thanks for making me realize what a coward I am.

I'm sorry Jake.'

She scribbled those words in a messy handwriting on a crumpled paper and placed it on her bed. Now her formalities were done and it was time for the final task, suicide.

She grabbed the blade with trembling hands, almost afraid of the pain. But she was numb. She cut her skin on her right wrist, along with her thin veins, blood dripping instantly. She immediately felt, a peculiar soothing weakness. After such a long time, she finally attained some peace. But that wasn't enough, so she slit her left wrists too. More peace. She knew she would soon be free from the formalities and complications of life. So she just sat on the floor and watched herself bleed with satisfaction, desperately waiting for her subtle end.

*

I called Hayley a number of times but she didn't respond. I knew she had gone through a lot today at school and that she was probably very upset. So I being my worried self, rushed to Hayley's place. As usual, there was no sign of her father, her main door was unlocked. Her carelessness made me furious but I couldn't blame her. I rushed to her room, trying to find her after she didn't reply to my desperate calls.

When I finally entered her room, I found her. I was horrified. There she was my best friend, who was like my sister, lying on the ground of her gloomy room, drenched in blood. That was one moment in my life I never wanted to experience again, I was living my nightmare. I thought I had lost her. So I sprinted, towards her desperately trying to make her gain some consciousness while I called for help. She was still breathing. I knew a fraction of a second of tardiness could make me lose her forever. It was such a fragile moment.

As soon as we reached the hospital with an almost dead Hayley, I prayed to God with my heart and soul to give me my best friend back. All I could do was pray, since it wasn't in my hands anymore. I had done my bit and if something happened to Hayley today I knew it would have been all my fault. I would never be able to forgive myself.

 ***

Niall listened to Jake narrate his horrible experience. Despite Jake's stubbornness, he somehow managed to make Jake spill what he had gone through. Niall wanted to know every little thing about what happened to Hayley in the past, since a main fragment of her past was repeating it's self. It's main culprit being Amanda.

The most horrifying part was that Niall observed the same, traits in Hayley. The same traits which almost got her killed. He knew he had to do something or anything, to keep Hayley safe and sound.

*