Chapter Fifteen: Unwanted Emotions

Chapter Fifteen

“That was one of the saddest things about people--their most important thoughts and feelings often went unspoken and barely understood.” 

― Alexandra Adornetto

Niall was devestated; he had no idea whatsoever as to what was going on. The very sight of Hayley's delicate fingers   entwined with Harry’s long artistic ones, made his heart ache. He tried to convince himself a number of times that they were just friends and that there wasn't anything between them, but he knew he was lying to himself. Despite Niall's worries about Hayley's mental state he couldn't ignore the feelings radiating between Harry and Hayley. Although was aware that they were trying to resist each other. Niall hadn't known Hayley for a very long time, but the short span of time they had spent together and the things they had gone through with each other let him know every aspect of Hayley's personality.

She sat in her room, wondering what she should do and where she should go. She knew what she was doing was completely unfair and no person in this entire world deserved it, especially Niall. The things that she felt for Harry couldn't be spoken. When she was with him she felt like nothing could be better than staying close to him. Her mind was cluttered with thoughts and innumerable unmade decisions. But she knew she had to make one soon, otherwise she would ruin things for everybody.

She lay on her comfortable bed and ignored the numerous phone calls she was receiving. She knew that people were worried about her, especially her dear Niall. But somehow she felt that she didn’t deserve any of the care she was receiving. She felt like she was the worst individual on the planet. What she was doing, was indeed unacceptable but nobody can prevent how they feel. She was just a victim of her intolerant feelings.

All she wanted to do was forget about society, people and everybody else and follow her heart. But she knew if she did that, she would end up breaking a heart that doesn’t deserve to be broken. But she also knew that, the possessor of that one special heart didn’t deserve to be lied and cheated on. She knew he deserved better and she didn’t deserve him. And neither did she deserve Harry. She was caught up in a miserable situation where her feelings had come in between her priorities.

She continued pondering over the various aspects of her life. As she took a short trip to memory lane, she realized that she had been suffering due to a particular aspect of her, her emotions. She started wondering about what could have been if she didn’t give way to her emotions the first time she had been targeted and bullied. She wondered how life would have been if she decided to completely shut out her emotions. But then she knew that if only it would have been that  easy to shut out her emotions, she wouldn’t have had any problem, ever.

Suddenly, she felt as if she was back in high school. She felt vulnerable and helpless. She was angry, frustrated and fed up with the complications that life infatuated. Now she knew exactly what she would do. She decided to ignore her selfish emotions. She decided break the bond she and Harry had. That particular special invisible bond they had which pulled them closer every time they tried to resist each other. She knew she had to do it no matter how much pain she would have to endure.