Chapter 11

Mollie’s POV

            “What the hell was that?” David yelled as the door slammed behind me.

            “I swear David, I have no idea what he was talking about.”

            He knew I was lying. His eyes were filled of fury. I was terrified.

Frankie’s POV

            I sat curled up in a ball, wailing sobs controlling my body. I hated feeling like this all the time. I was even annoyed with myself with all the crying.

            I heard a thud from the door downstairs. Shortly following were sounds of footsteps coming up the stairs. Slow and heavy pounds with each step. He came around the corner and stopped to lean against the frame of the door. His head hanging low and his hand scratching through his short hair. I forced myself to slow my tears. Without looking at me, he continued walking so that he eventually landed at the side of the bed, sitting next to me. He put his hand on the side of my waist.

            “I’m sorry. It wasn’t right of me to accuse you like that.”

            I didn’t respond. That wasn’t good enough and he knew it.

            “The boys got me wound up and, I don’t know, I let them get into my head. I was somehow convinced we had problems.”

            He leaned over so he was just inches away from my face.

            “I really sorry, babe. I love you.”

            He affectionately grabbed the back of my head and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

            “I love you too,” I whispered.

            He crawled over me to the other side of the bed. As soon as he was settled he stuck his arm out to let me bunch up next to him. He began running his hands through my hair. We sat in a comfortable silence for a few moments.

            “Is Mollie okay?” He asked.

            “Why wouldn’t she be?” I let us with a slight laugh. 

            He didn’t say anything and even though I was not looking at his face, I could tell he was tightening up. I perched myself so I could look at him in the eyes.

            “Wayne… Why would Mollie not be okay?” I said sternly.

            “I went over there earlier.”

            “Did you say something to her?”

            “I was angry-“

            “I can’t believe you.”

            I urgently pulled myself out of bed and made my way towards the closet. I could hear him following behind me.

            “It was a mistake. I’m sorry,” he said as he shadowed behind me.

            “Was David there?” I panicked, turning around to glare at him. 

            “Yeah, yeah he was there. Listen-“

            “F*ck.” And I turned around and headed into the closet. 

            His words were meaningless. I threw on a scarf, grabbed my jacket, put on my boots and walked out of the closet, pushing right passed him.

            “Frankie, it was a mistake,” he grabbed my arm, trying to turn me around, “I’m sorry.”

            I aggressively pulled my arm away from him and headed for the door.

***

            “Mollie! Mollie, open the door!” I desperately yelled as I banged on the front door as I had been for the past two minutes.

            Alfie wasn’t barking. Something wasn’t right.

Mollie’s POV

            Sharp pain. Coming from the back of my head. Like being smacked with a brick. I can feel something dripping down my face… my thighs burning… and my stomach aching. I can only see out of one eye. The room spins above me. I feel like I’m drowning. I thought it would be different – the last few moments before you die. My vision starts to blur even further. I need air, but I’m suffocating. Shrills of panic sink in. It will go away… the pain with go away. I could hear Alfie whimpering near me. 

            Different colors fill the blur above me. And suddenly, I’m being grabbed.

            “Mollie … Mollie!” She screams in panic as she holds my face in her hands. I groan in pain as she grips my head. She’s she still there… still screaming.

            “You’re bleeding! F*ck! Mollie! Babe!” and my cheek stings from her touch. Still stinging. More immense pain.

            “F*ck! Mollie! Come on, babe!” her arms are wrapped around trying to instill life in me. She’s still screaming. I just can’t. My throbs against my skull, I can’t see her. I can only hear her shrieks and feel her touch.             

            I try to open my eyes. She’s mixed in with the haze my vision has created. My head is heavy. My mouth is heavy. I can’t move. I try to keep my eyes open… I try as hard as I can.

            “Mollie! Stay with me! COME ON!” And her voice becomes muffled and I can hear her crying. It hurts me. It pains me. But I can’t do anything. I try to lift my head, but the weight of the world keeps it down. My eyes flutter and I push with every cell to focus on her, to keep her with me. She grips my head harder, but it does nothing.

            “Mollie, please! I love you! God, I love you!” And she’s shaking me, but I just can’t.

            “Don’t leave me! I can’t lose you! Mollie, please! Stay with me, babe!”

            And everything went black.