Chapter 13

I slept on and off the whole night, constantly waking up paranoid that something was wrong. I also had to wake her up every hour per the doctor’s orders. I hated it. Every time she would moan and beg me to just let her sleep. I couldn’t risk it. I never wanted to feel like I was going to lose her ever again.

            She was up before me and I found myself lying on her chest as she must had shifted onto her back sometime while I was asleep. I was exhausted, just yearning to let my eyelids stay shut. I could hear the birds chirping outside the window and the background noise of the TV providing a comforting vibe to the room. Maybe opening my eyes wouldn’t be so bad.

            When I finally did, I found Mollie’s on edge as her eyes were fixed at the site in front of her. I sat myself up and turned my attention toward the TV that directly in front of the bed.

            “In a developing story, Mollie King, member of the UK girl group, The Saturdays, has been hospitalized for unknown reasons. Her boyfriend, super model David Gandy [clips of David leaving the hospital play in the background, tons of paparazzi surround him] was seen leaving the hospital last night in a hurry. Spectators say they saw King carried into the hospital with blood and wounds all over her body. Bandmate, Frankie Sandford [now they are showing pictures of me and then some of Mollie and me] was also seen entering the building. Some spectators say she carried King into the hospital, but there has been no confirmation. We’ll have more on this story-”

            I turned it off. She didn’t need to see anymore. This was the last thing we needed to happen.

            “How… how did they find out?” She’s completely puzzled, embarrassed and shocked.

            “I have no idea,” and I honestly didn’t, unless David said something.

            “Did you see him?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Did you say anything to him?”

            “I said if he laid a finger on you, I would kick his ass, or something like that.”

            She let out a slight laugh. Still embarrassed that she was even in this position.

            “Peter must be going mental,” I laugh reaching over her to grab both of our phones.

            I hand Mollie’s to her.

            “57 missed calls,” she mumbles, “Most of them from Peter.”

            “Same.” I say looking at my phone. But my number was much higher. 98 missed calls. Half from Peter, half from Wayne.

            She throws her phone back on the side table and I follow. She’s still not right and I don’t expect her to be. I don’t bother asking how she is feeling because I already knew the answer. I throw my arm behind her and pull her closer to me.

            “Don’t worry, babe. They won’t find out the truth,” I say rubbing my hand up and down her arm.

            “Yeah.” She let out, but there was clearly something else she was worried about.

            “He won’t hurt you again.” I said confidently.

            “You said that last time.”

            She was broken. Shattered. I didn’t want to keep talking about this. All it did was make her more upset and I couldn’t bare to see her so hurt for another minute.