Chapter 1: Drake Wheeler

He didn't know what fully had transpired, all Drake knew was he was sure of what he saw. Some scumbag had just thrown some long haired girl into a ravine on the side of the road. She had been alive, she had been fighting back. Now Drake wasn't so sure, that was a steep ravine, with a rocky creek at the bottom. Drake brought his Sazuki Katana to a screeching halt. He not-so-gently layed it down on the road's shoulder, threw off his helmet and pursued the guy down the ravine.

Drake didn't know what he was going to do when he got to the guy, didn't know if the guy was armed or what , all he knew was that he was going to stop this guy from hurting the girl... if she was still alive. Getting his new shoes and his favorite jeans covered in mud as he tore through  the tall grass leading into the ravine. He made out their silhouettes in the moon light. She was on her back trying her best to defend herself and the man was kicking her viciously, creek water splashing everywhere. This ignited Drakes anger.

Drake was on the guy fast, faster than he had ever moved. Drake grabbed a handful of the guys jacket at the shoulder, spun him around and hit him with a hard right cross, so hard that the man came off his feet. Drake went to advance on the man but was stopped dead in his tracks when the man looked up at him. This was definitely not a man he had just hit. Its eyes were orange and yellow and it bared elongated fangs. It said one word.

"Vanator?!"

The creatures human like face twisted with anger. He moved to strike Drake, maybe it was still rage, maybe it was fear but for whatever reason Drake was faster than the monster. He caught the creatures arm mid- attack and followed with a powerful uppercut. So powerful that it sent the monster flying about 10 feet through the air. It landed with a splash behind the girl that was being assaulted. The creature was clearly rocked and was struggling to get up. That's when something happened that shocked both combatants. The girl stabbed her assailant in the chest with what looked like a broken tree branch.

The now impaled creature turned into what looked like a statue, then crumbled into dust that floated in the creek water. That's when the girl looked up at Drake, and he wished she hadn't. Her eyes were orange and yellow like the mans and her fangs were elongated just like the now dead creature.

"What the hell..." escaped Drakes lips

"Damn... youre a Vanator, that complicates things." She said a cross between anger and worry on her beautiful but scary face.

                                                                 **One Day Earlier**

Drake Wheeler is the normal high school senior. Pretty good athlete, decent grades, slightly above average looks. He wasn't too tall around 5'10" and he is in pretty good shape. He wresled and played baseball every year except for this year. He felt like he had nothing left to prove he had letter twice for both sports. He lived in a small town about 40 minutes south of Cleveland called Miersville, Ohio. An unremarkable town full of unremarkable people, at least that what he thought.

Drakes adoptive parents all ways would tease him and say that his sometimes bleak view of the world would eventually be his downfall. Now that was one remarkable thing about Drake, he was adopted. His parents never tried to hide this from him. That would would be pretty difficult to do anyway. If you mix an Irish man with a Bulgarian woman you don't get a Black, White, and Native American little boy. So from a young age Drake know he was adopted and he was ok with that. His parents loved him and treated him as their own.

In the halls of Meirsville High School Drake Wheeler wasn't the most popular or even the best looking, but it was well known that he was one of the toughest so he rarely encountered a problem when he patrolled the halls. Making his way through the second floor hall Drake spotted his best friend Anthony DeMarco, or Tony. Tall dark haired, dark eyed Italian kid with very distinctive styled side burns.