Chapter thirteen

5 days until Christmas day.

Ellington stared at her, taking in all her features. Her long red curls, her freckled face, deep blue eyes and her dimples that vaguely replicated his own. Her slightly obscure fashion sense also caught his attention but it wasn't too obvious as her clothes were covered with a huge coat.

"Uhm hi." He said awkwardly whilst opening the door to let her in. She walked into the house, the door closing behind her.

Joey crawled over to Ellington rapidly. He looked up, noticing a stranger in the house and suddenly felt intimidated, crawling over and hiding behind Ellington. He pulled on his trouser leg wanting to know if she was safe.

A chuckled slipped out of Ellington's mouth and he scooped up joey in his arms.

"Babe, who is i- oh." Rydel began and then trailed off as she entered the room, wrapping her arm around Ellington's waist and looking at the visitor who stood in the middle of their living room. None of them said a word.

"Who dat?" Joey asked, pointing to the girl who stood opposite them. The girl had her hands in front of her and was smiling sweetly - her sweet smile was so sweet it was sickening.

"That's Sophie - your mommy." Ellington told him. Joey looked at him, his face displaying confusion. Rydel's eyes widened and a lump formed in her throat. "Um Ell? Can I talk to you for a minute? In private?"

Ellington nodded and placed joey on the fluffy carpet. "Go show your mommy your toys..." He told him before walking into the kitchen with rydel.

"So that's his mom huh.." She said awkwardly, messing with some of the bracelets on her wrist.

"I didn't know she was gonna be here. I didn't even think she knew where we lived! She just showed up unannounced and well, yeah." He rambled, nervously whilst brushing a hand carelessly through his mop of mousey brown hair.

Rydel looked up at him, taking his hands in hers. "It's okay. You can't stop her from seeing her own son on his first birthday. Just calm down." She told him softly, rubbing circles on his arm with the tips of her fingers. Ellington took several deep breaths. "She can stay for a few hours but I don't even think joey likes her."

Giggles erupted from the living room and Rydel looked at Ellington, raising an eyebrow. Ellington sighed, tears in his eyes. "I don't want to lose you."

"Oh baby! You can't lose me! Not at all, i love you very much!" She exclaimed, ruffling his hair playfully.

She stood on the tips of her toes and placed a passionate kiss on his lips.

Just a few hours. What's the worst that could happen?

Im not updating until I get a lot of comments BTW, sorry but I hope you like it. :)