The Next Step

Warning:this is not edited all the way so sorry about the mistakes I know they're there

~Chapter 1~

Lexi had trouble leaving her house, due to her mother stopping her and hugging her every five seconds. "Mum! Just let me go! I need to get there and get my schedule and room key..." Her mother let go with tears in her dark green eyes.

"Y-Your going to college and....and leaving me!!" Her mother held her by the shoulders fighting back tears "but...but I'll let you go for now. However! You have to call me when you get there." Lexi's mother kissed her cheek and hugged her one last time before letting her daughter go.

Lexi smiled "Okay mum, I will" she hugged her mother back, smelling the strawberry shampoo her mother used, man she was going to miss that smell. "I'll call when I get everything settled."
She turned and finished packing up her car and drove off to Whitmore College, it was the college she had decided upon since it had everything she was looking for in her future career, the only problem however, was how far away it was.

After about one or two hours on the road Lexi lets out a sigh of relief as she pulls up to the college. She parked as close as she could to the huge redish brown brick building, She wasn't very fond of walking far distances with or without luggage of any sort. She sat in her car for a little while taking a few calming breaths she thought to herself okay! First day stay calm...Don't talk to so many people... she let out a soft sigh as she continued to think this.

She slowly opened the car door and stepped out only to have the wits scared out of her by a girl running up to her like a rampaging wildebeest hugging her so tight Lexi swore she could feel her soul popping out, but once she saw it was her cousin Danielle she smiled brightly and hugged the girl back. After the two finished hugging Lexi looked around then started for the building after locking up her car.

She saw several different people from all over. This college has lots of different people, it was a little surprising but then again it was good she thought to herself as she walked up to the desk.

"Your names please?" The lady at the font desk asked her voice was soft and sweet.

"Oh right" Lexi shook her head gently "Alexis Smalley" she said with a small smile as she looked around waiting for the lady to come back with her schedule and room key, "room 445" the lady smiled and looked to Danielle.

"Oh uhh, Danielle Parker" Lexi giggled silently to herself at her cousins small confusion as the lady nodded and left again coming back with another schedule and room key, "room 450" Danielle smiled and took her schedule and room key.

"Thank you ma'am" Lexi thanked the lady for the both of them before walking away with Danielle, the lady nodded at them as they went on their way room 445 huh she thought to herself as she walked past each room until she found her room.

"Heres my room" Lexi smiles slightly as Danielle waved and left on her way to find her room.

Lexi opened the door and walked in, she slowly looked around and then realized that she was going to get stuck with a roommate great just great a damn roommate she though, almost out loud as she huffed and plopped down onto her bed. She sighed softly as she finally stood up and left the room to go get her things out of her car. She walked out to her car and started to grab her things almost getting distracted from the beautiful scene in front of her, after she finally gathered up her stuff and locked her light blue 2013 Ford Mustang Gt 5.0 convertible back up.

She throws her bag full of things over her shoulder while dragging the other behind her she walks back into the brick building making her way through the ocean of people back to the dorm.

Lexi unlocks the dorm room looking down pulling her bag in she looks up her eyes widening as she sees a boy standing in the middle of the room looking around she groans which causes the boy to turn in her direction quickly in surprise he raises an eyebrow in confusion "umm...who are you?" He questions.

She narrows her eyes at him ignoring the question and walking to her side of the room and placing her bags on the floor beside the bed "this is the dorm I'm assigned to stupid" she growls, he chuckles while taking a set on the arm of the leather chair in the room "now that's not a nice thing to say to someone you'll be living with for..." he trials off before continuing "the next four years" she turns her head in his direction with a scowl on her face "Oh joy" (note sarcasm)

He gives a fake pout "Aww come on beautiful it won't be that bad in Asher Tompson." She turns back to her bags and begins unpacking them ignoring Asher "...And you are?" He tilts his head slightly in an attempt to see her face with no success he sighs and waits for her reply "my name is Alexis Smalley, Lexi for short if you must know" she mumbles.

Asher smirks and walks over causing her to spin around and look up at him "can I give you my own little pet name love?" Lexi grimaces "first no you can NOT call me that and second my name is Lexi that's the only nickname you can call me got it?" Asher grins with amusement in his eyes "dont call you what love?" Asher taunts while grinding with amusement in his eyes

Lexi groans refusing to answer the question she pushes him back by his chest spinning on her heel and continuing to unpack great just what I was trying to avoid an arse who won't shut up or what personal space is she sighs after putting all her things away turning around noticing him watching her from the chair with that smirk of his "this is gonna be fun" he chuckles causeing Lexi to once again glare at him yeah fun sure...

~Author's Note~

Hey guys, this is my first book on here so please go easy on me. If you enjoyed this then please vote and comment to tell me what you think.

With love
~Bella