Chapter 2 Old Friends

Glade had packed his bags and headed off for the train station. The Cutie Mark Crusaders saw Glade leaving Twilights castle and ran to him with happy face's.

"Where ya going Glade?" Applebloom asked. Glade sighed as he turned to the fillies with bags under his eyes. The Cutie Mark crusaders smiled with glee, "Come on you must have some exciting news!" Applebloom chirped.

Glade sighed with a smile, "I'm going away girls... It's honestly the only news I've got," he said sadly. The Cutie Mark Crusaders frowned slightly. Glade turned away from them, "I'm going to the Canterlot Castle. I've gotta help the Princesses figure out a problem going on outside the castle walls within the forest," he said.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all cried out with glee, "You're going on an adventure!!" they cried. Glade laughed and scratched the back of his head, "Glade please bring us good news after your adventure ok!" they said. Glade smiled, "You three have always been good friends. No problem," he said.

Glade headed off towards the train station and headed off for the Crystal Empire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlet sat at the train station and sighed, "Why do I have to wait here?" she asked aloud. Crystal Guards eyed the pegasi curiously. The train pulled into town and Night Glade walked off the train.

Scarlet's eyes widened as she saw the Alicorn, "Glade!" she cried. Glade turned to see Scarlet fly into him full speed! The two tumbled on the ground and she pinned him to the ground. "I can't believe it! They sent you to be my partner!" Scarlet said smiling.

Glade looked up at the Scarlet and smiled, "It's been two years hasn't it?" he asked smiling. Scarlet nodded and nuzzled Glade who blushed brightly as other ponies noticed the two of them. "Um Scarlet you're embarrassing us," Glade said shyly.

Scarlet looked up and saw the audience and blushed as she helped Glade up, "Sorry about that... I was just inducted into the Princess Cadence's personal guard! She told me that a pony would be coming to figure out what was going on with all of the disappearances outside Canterlot and The Crystal Empire," she said.

Glade nodded, "I never knew it was about anything like that," he said. Scarlet and Glade headed for the outskirts of the empire. The day quickly turned to night and they readied there camp.

"It's been to long since we last saw each other..." Scarlet said looking into the fire they had built. Glade sighed and nodded. Scarlet looked to Glade, "I'm glad it was you they sent... I missed you... We hadn't seen each other since our days in the academy in Canterlot..." she said.

Glade smiled, "Yea but after all that time it paid off for you. I'm still stuck as an errand pony for the princesses. You're an actual guard for one of them," he said scooting close to her.

Scarlet sighed and headed to the tent she had pitched for herself, "I'll see you in the morning Glade," she said tiredly. Glade smiled and waved good night to her as he kept watch for a little while before putting out the fire and heading to bed himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A delightful smell of food passed through the tent. Scarlet sat out side with her headphones on and was singing while cooking. Glade awoke to Scarlet's voice, and the smell of food, "Ugh my head," he said walking out to Scarlet oblivious to the lip stick kiss mark on his cheek.

Scarlet was singing with her eyes closed cooking eggs and pancakes. Glade sat next to her and taps her shoulder gently, "Morning," he said shyly. Scarlet took off her headphones, "Morning," she said smiling. Still oblivious to the mark Glade sighed, "Don't do that again. Ok," he said. "Ok, "she said handing him a plate with pancakes and eggs.