Chapter 5 - Is it wrong to be scared?

"What's going on!!!" Treasure screamed at me. "I don't know!" I looked at her. She stared at me in tears . She wanted answers just like i did .I grabbed the back of her neck and forced her to my chest , I felt her sobs of fear and I just held her in that position.

"It's okay treasure " I whispered in her ear followed by a interruption from Andrea. "Isaiah, are they after you? " I looked at her and still held treasure to my chest as she sobbed. Where they after me? Shit I would think damn so! "Yeah... I don't know why? Did I do something? " jorden shrugged out of breath. "I don't know did you?" He asked. "You know I love that Sarcasm shit you use against me." I rolled my eyes and pulled the cord , me and treasure got off on Havana and Parker road. " I didn't mean to ruin the night." I explained. Treasure puased and looked me in my eyes.

"You protected me. How did you ruin anything? " she asked.

"Let me take you home" to be honest I was a little scared my self. I just wanted to get home. I drooped treasure off and headed home to my mother and sister.

"Isaiah" she said within seconds of me walking in the door.

"I was shot at....." I told her .

my non stayed silent as if she was thinking. About what? There's nothing much to it other then I almost got shot by some fucking strangers!

"You know who they are?" I asked

She ignored me and sighed.

"DO YOU KNOW WHO'S AFTER ME?"

I yelled.

"Isaiah sit Down" she instructed. I sat on the couch and she told me the story. My dad was a pimp who went and cheated on a sister of gang memebers with my mother. Then I was born and they vowed to kill me . Just me.

"Why?" I asked

"Isaiah they were supposed to kill your father but the girl killed herself infront of everyone because your father cheated and we had you."

So basically what I gathered from that is I'm going to die because of my parents fuck ups. When should I start writing my will?

I walked upstairs and went to bed. Of course it was just 5 hours until my alarm went off to go to school. Fuck that. I'm not going there just to get spied on I packed some clothes and I walked out the house after getting dressed and approached treasure who was waiting for the bus with duffle bags. "Treasure "

She looked up at me and hugged me. "What's wrong?" I asked.

" my dad.. kicked me out "

I always knew her dad was a douche. "Why?"

Treasure sighed and looked at me. "What? I did something? "

"No Isaiah. He saw us on the news last night from the shooting. He doesn't want gang violence in his home so he put me out "

"But your not in gang violence. "

Treasure shrugged. "In his eyes that's what he thought."

"Well I'm not going to school. Not today or tomarrow. Those guys won't know that I'm staying at a hotel downtown. Come with me?" I asked.

Treasure looked shocked. "You have that type of money?"

I nodded. "My ma's credit card.... you in?"

Treasure nodded. I grabbed her hand and we were on our way to the holiday inn.

We got on the bus and headed downtown to the hotel. It took about 40 minutes and treasure fell asleep on my chest. The thoughts of last night came to my mind. They should let it go. I'm innocent. Why kill me when I'm only 17? This shows that life is truely a fuck up for everyone. I can't chase my Dreams as a basketball player for the NBA , I won't see my little sister grow up, treasure will find another man ... my hopes to marry her would have went down the drain. I won't be the father of her kids... this is just devastating.

"I love you" I whispered by her ear.

She rubbed my chest softly and whispered back. "I love you too". I kissed her forehead and finally the bus stopped at our destination. We got off with our bags and checked in. Our room was 229 on the highest level. We went up and our room was huge. Nice king sized bed, a mini hot tub in the corner, glass windows. You could literally see the roads and other big buildings from it. I just loved the view. We closed the curtains though. Treasure hopped in the shower and I just ordered room service. "Yeah, we'll have the sausage and pepperoni pizza with a side of ... " I began. "Fries!" Treasure yelled from the shower. " fries. " I spoke into the hotel phone. "Any drinks?" She asked. " 7up". I finally got off the phone and treasure came out of the shower with her sweats and a tank top on. She laid in bed with me and watched TV as we cuddled. " Im going to miss this." I sighed.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

" Treasure. I'm going to die. Those guys are out to kill me."

"Why?"

"Long story. But bottom line is my parents screwed up with the wrong people. I have no future whatsoever"

" yes you do.... with kids, your basketball career, me .. I mean I hope I'd be apart of your future. "

" Treasure . I wanted to marry you and be the father of your kids. I wanted you in my future "

" i will be in your future. You will have a future."

"I'm scared." I said softly. Treasure hugged me. I rested my head in her warm neck. We sat just like that and 20 minutes later room service came.