chapter 10 - add one more to the bunch

The next day made a entire week we've lived in this hotel. That's how you know shit is real when you've been hiding at a hotel for what feels like forever. It was 3:30 in the afternoon and I was just watching TV. When treasure came into the room with a Trey full of shit. I'm talking bagels, cookies,apple juice, cranberry juice, salt, bacon and brownies.

"Uhm...?" I hesitated

Treasure looked at me like nigga!

" well I'll just have a brownie" I shurgged and reached for one when she slapped my hand out of the way. "All mine bruh!" She looked at me. "You serious? " I asked

"Dead ass serious. "

Yesterday she was eating like a pig too. I just chose not to say anything. But this is two days in a row and it's rediculas. Not the fact she's eating a lot but the fact she don't wanna share with me. " whatever " I mumbled and went to go get me some pancakes from the downstairs pick up room service. " I got about 5 homemade style pancakes with french toast on the side. "Haha this shit gone make her jealous "I shook my head and grinned like no tomarrow. I grabbed some syrup and a bottle of apple juice heading back upstairs when I saw those fucking stalkers again. They got out of this black truck and hid their guns in their back pockets as they were about to walk threw the front doors. " shit " I ran back and took the elevater upstairs and ran into my room. I bombarded the door and sat tthe rood down on the stand next to the bed. "Treasure go hide" I instructed. "What? Why?"

"They know im here... go hide now!" I yelled and treasure hesitated in find a hiding spot. She ended up hiding behind the bathroom door and I triple locked the doors and ran to the hotel phone and dialed the lobby number. "Hello?" The lady at the counter answered. "Martha. Do me a huge favor." I asked. "Isaiah?"

"Yeah its me. If you see a group of guys dressed in all black asking for me... play dumb. Act like you don't know me from shit. " I asked.

"What guys are you talking about?"

"If you look outside the revolving doors then you'll see guys talking or about to come in. They're dressed in black and they're after me. Just do this favor for me please. "

Martha was cool people so nothing really made me question if she'd do this for me. It didn't surprise me that she said she'd do it. I soon hung up from her and went to check on treasure. I walked into the bathroom and found her behind the opened door. " you okay?" I asked her. "I'm fine." I hid in the closet but opened the doors so it didn't look as if I was trying to hide. I held my breath as I heard footsteps approaching out in the hall. "Come on Martha " I whispered. Just then the phone rang and I ran to it. " hello? " I asked. " they're gone." Martha said. "Thanks ... I owe you one." And then I hung up. Treasure walked out. "They're gone?" She asked. I nodded at her and turned the TV on as I sat down and started eating. " so what happens when they find out Martha lied to protect you? " treasure asked. " what?"

" like when they track you down. What happens then? "

I shrugged. Hell I didn't know. "All I can say is that im tired of running. "

I told treasure. "Then why'd you have Martha cover for you?"

" so that they wouldn't find us. "

" but you said you'd fight back, yet you're not Isaiah."

" what you trying to say? I'm scared? " I asked

"I'm saying man up. Fight like you said you would. Or we're going to die"

" but were not dead yet so drop it."

Treasure scoffed and started to sit down but ran into the bathroom like no tomarrow. "BLCHHH!" I heard and then a splash. I got up and ran to her to find her throwing up . I grabbed her hair so she wouldn't mess it up. stuff ran threw my mind as she was throwing up. Lots of stuff. I looked down at her. " are you pregnant? " I asked.

Treasure paused as if she didn't know. Before I knew it I was at Walgreens and back with 2 pregnancy test. " here " I tossed them to her and she got off the bed and into the bathroom. "Fuck" I mumbled. No wonder she was eating crazy shit. It was damn cravings. I wasn't really worried about my mother getting mad if I did become a father but I was worried if I could protect my child or not from people that are after me. Treasure came out of the bathroom and looked at me. "Well?" I asked. " we're mommy and daddy". She sighed. Now wasn't the time to be selfish and say anything rude because she didn't get pregnant herself so I just walked up to her and hugged her for a while. "No matter what.... I'll make sure this baby is safe" I told her