22. Do or Die

Please Please Please? 

Ariel, Please?

Please?

Please?

I won't stop till you agree!!!

For me, Ariel? 

For Ian Somerhalder's vampire glory? 

That was low. 

How much will make me beg?

I will owe you for a lifetime. 

Pleaaaaaaseee?

Should I just switch my phone off? 

Before I could decide, I bumped into a hard chest. 

"Sorry," the words left my lips, just as the familiar scent wafted through my nose. I looked up. But I didn't need any confirmation. Of course, it's Sebastian

My phone buzzed again and my expression must have given away my annoyance. "Someone bothering you?" He asked as he turned around, walking me to my desk. 

"Just Nicole," I answered. "She wants me to come to this party tonight."

"Oh, you have to come!" Sasha piped in. "Please? Kyle's making me go." Girl needs to grow a backbone. "Please? I need as many saviors as I can get."

"How many people have you asked?" I queried. 

Sasha looked thoughtful. "A few," she said eventually. "Maybe, more than a few." 

"I'm going to pass, sorry," I said, apologetically. I meant it, even. I didn't want to go to this hyped up party, thrown by Kyle Davis to celebrate the new Student Council. It was a late party, but expected to be - according to high school standards - great. 

I guess I could have gone. But I was too bummed out about the situation regarding my love life. Sebastian had maintained his distance from me, which was the honorable thing to do, but I was suffering from some sort of withdrawal symptoms. All I wanted was to get over this stage. But I didn't even know whether he'd broken things off with Melody yet or not. 

But, then, it did occur to me that maybe this party would be a good distraction for the weekend. I just didn't want to make any commitment to it. Lord knew my friends would slaughter me if I cancelled last minute. 

"Why don't you want to go?" Sebastian leaned against my desk as he asked. "It's supposed to be pretty good." 

"I don't want to find out what that means," I said. 

"Oh, trust me, it's wild," Sasha said. "There's a DJ, fancy food, a disco set-up, and I think they were planning some entertainers." 

"I wonder what kind," I mused.

"I told him he couldn't have pole dancers," Sasha said. "I think he listened to me for once."

"Kyle?" Sebastian queried. Sasha nodded. "Yeah, he said magicians next. After all the hype, I think he doesn't know where to draw the line."

"You know Kyle?" Sasha asked, eyes wide. 

"Yeah," Sebastian replied, not realizing Sasha's reaction to his confession. "We have a few classes together. He's a good guy to hang out with."

Sasha turned to me, definitely upset. "You didn't tell me!"

"I didn't know," I told her. 

"You can't not have known!" She declared. "You and him - you're-"