Your Song: A Niall Horran Fanfic Chapter 4

Aislin's POV:

My friend Niall is my only visitor for a few days. He comes in with his guitar and sings to me. He also tries to help me remember who I am, every single detail he noticed about me, he told me.

I started therapy sessions with Cassandra and another lady named Ling. Ling is really mean and always yells at me. She looks tired all the time. I bet she needs afternoon naps like me.

Cassandra says I am getting better quickly. My recovery time was predicted to be five months, but now has been reduced to three. That makes me really happy, because I really hate hospitals, and pain, and-

"Knock, knock," Niall says as he walks in and interrupts my train of thought.

"Hi." I say, nothing more nothing less.

"Have you heard anything from Cassandra today?" He ask, eyes tired and worried.

"Well she said, my recovery time has been reduced to three months because I am good at therapy. She said that she hates working with Ling because she scares all of Cassandra's patients. Also that she thinks Derrick is really fine and she wants him to take her on a date sometime. And at last she said that cute boy named Niall Horran is coming to see me later." I just repeat everything she said throughout the day.

"Wow! Sounds like she talks a lot! And it sounds like your memory is getting pbetter!" He replies full of joy.

"Cassandra said the only thing I will have to do after I leave the hospital is take speech therapy and sentence formation classes. Apparently she doesn't think I am a good talker."

"Oh, well it isn't too," an he gets cut off by his phone ringing. "Do you mind if I take this?"

"No, can you stay in here though?" I ask and then whisper, "I can be super quiet."

"Sure I'll stay in here," then he answers his phone. "Hello?... Hey Whitney... It's not really a good time right now, can I call you back later?... Look I'm sorry I can't be the perfect boyfriend..." His eyes begin filling with tears. "I'm sorry I've been a bastard lately, I have had a friend in the hospital, and I have been visiting her everyday to make sure she is okay... I didn't think you cared... Do you want to go to dinner tonight so I can make it up to you?... Okay, I'll pick you up at seven... Love you... Bye." Then he hangs up the phone and puts it in his pocket.

"Who is Whitney?" I ask, because his conversation has gotten me curious.

"My girlfriend." He replies while looking at his feet.

"You love her a lot don't you." I say.

"Yes, if anything happened to her, I would be very sad, but we have just hit a rough patch in the past few weeks." His eyes look like he wants to cry.

"You can cry if you want to, I know how it feels to feel pain." I try to comfort him but I sound like a robot.

He begins to let the tears run down his cheeks.

"Come here," I say patting the bed, and he walks over and lays next to me. I wrap my arms around him, with his head laying on my shoulder. Every time he cries I hold him tighter. "It's alright. It's okay." I tell him. His sadness makes me sad and I begin to cry too. So we are a big ball of sadness.

Cassandra barges in during our sad fest and puts my pills on my bedside table. Then she looks at Niall and I, then walks away. It was very awkward but I didn't care.

"Niall?" I ask, while wiping tears from my eyes. "You are an amazing person. I want you to know that. You are like a superhero to me. Like superman. Or Captain Canada, or batman, or Spider-Man, or-"