Chapter 7

My mother fell to the floor, oozing blackness from her ears, nose, and tear ducts. I gently helped her to her feet and then to the chair nearby. She had no recollection of what had just happened and looked in my eyes for an answer.

"It's fine, I just found myself, with the help of an old friend." i assured her.

I left my mother after moving her to the bed so that she could rest. Waiting for a while to make sure she was fine. 

I headed to the busy halls. Everyone was rushing by me in a panic, I knew that people were frightened of what had just occurred. I had only one thought in my mind. Help them.

Help them in anyway I possibly could. Comfort, reassurance, an explanation. I wasn't sure how to calm the frenzy, but I knew I had to. I found myself moving in the same direction of all the frightened people. They moved me as a leaf is moved by a rushing stream tearing it's way through the ground, to make it's way to it's destination. 

When I finally looked out from the terrified face, I realized, that this stream had lead me to the counselor's chambers. Everyone who was used as a vessel by the darkness was being cared for by the few people who weren't frazzled. Among the used, I saw Rade and Karishma. I couldn't go to them with the current state of things, my priority was everyone, not just my friends and family.

I slowly made my way to the from of the room where Xylina stood when I first met her. As i walked, I noticed that one by one everyone's gaze landed on me. When i made it to my mark, I turned to face the masses. Everyone had become calm and looked to me with the same look my mother gave me.

The pain of having to inform everyone that we had been discovered and our people used to send me a sinister message, made my stomach flip. I just wanted to start screaming, and I think on the inside I was. It felt as if I made eye contact with every single person and absorbed their fears and doubts. I was about to burst from so many intense emotions. The last person I looked at was Xylina. She was not fearful, yet more enticed. Her heart was steady, she was waiting for me to speak. I was waiting for my words as well. I blinked and then looked at her again and this time courage was welling up inside her.  With that last look, it was like a spark went of inside me.

My body began to lightly glow growing into an intense shine. My eyes turned from the light blue to a eerie white. I lifted my arms and looked towards the ceiling involuntarily. A blast of white light was rapidly emitted from my body. In the light, was the feelings of everyone. As they returned to their rightful owners, they were replaced with Xylina's courage and my hopefulness.

I looked out and saw the used returning to us and their gaze turn to me. All at once everyone let out a sigh of relief. I waited for a few minutes for what I had done to really set in. I had used peoples feelings to give me power. Their light that was being diminished by their fear was given to me and then replaced with a brighter intensity. I looked to the ground, I guess hoping for some magnificent speech to come to me. 

I looked for a few minutes, while everyone sat quietly waiting. When I looked up, my eyes focused on the silhouette of my mother. She looked strong and proud, and the words just fell from my mouth.

"We have been visited by that of what makes all of us run screaming. He came to use the few of you that he felt would hurt me most. He wanted me to feel like there was no hope, that my existence, my purpose was not something of importance." I bellowed out.

My mind told me to pause for dramatic affect.

" But he was wrong!" I yelled.

Cheers came from everyone. I felt the look of Xylina on my back, giving me the feeling of reassurance.

"He hurt me yes," I continued. "but what he also did was show me that without all of you, I wouldn't be the Chosen One. Each and everyone of you gives me a part of your light and make me stronger. Together you all make the Chosen One, I was simply the vessel. This darkness will not win. We will fight with all of our light and defeat what makes us afraid."

Everyone cheered and all I could do was stare at my mother whose eyes were welling up with tears of pride. From here on out, I knew nothing would be the same. I knew this because, I was no longer afraid, I was the Chosen One.