Chapter 10

Five more days until I was going to leave and six more days before the rest of the people meant to join me in battle departed.

I was so nervous to the point I was just wandering the halls without end. I stopped momentarily every few moments to turn around and avoid hitting a wall. My mind was in a transient state and I had no idea what to think about other than that of The Darkness. I felt no fear, no resistance, and absolutely no second thoughts of what I was about to do. I felt excited, and hopeful. 

I was ready to defend the people I had grown to care for hear. I was ready to save Earth from the dark path it was going down. I was ready to save the future generations from having to deal with anything as horrid as this.

I dreamed of a future world where no one was sad, or tormented by inner demons. I dreamt of an Earth that was peaceful and without war. I was hopeful that each future generation would be successful and prosperous. I wanted better for everyone that would succeed me in life. 

I was most likely being naive about the whole situation. I knew that I was strong enough to defeat the monster that attack a while ago, but so as I have gained strength who is to say that The Darkness has not as well. He could be a million times stronger than I would ever be. 

"NO!!!" I screamed in an empty hallway.

I had to think positive or else none of this will even matter. I would have gone through everything in my life for nothing and been down a road that had an abrupt end. My story is long from over I will not give in to doubt, for doubt is just fear of your own power. Fear is not something I can afford to feel in any way shape or form. I am The Chosen One. I have to be all that that entails me to be. 

I am stronger than The Darkness ten fold. I will succeed in defeating him with flying colors and never once with I falter. Darkness is just an empty space with no light. I AM LIGHT!!! I shine in the darkness and show was lurks beneath its deep black cloak. I AM LIGHT!!!! I give hope where there is none and give it to those who need it most. 

"I AM LIGHT!!" I screamed aloud unknowingly.

Embarrassed I ran to my room and began devising a plan to defeat The Darkness on my own.