10 ~ Making things right

After another average day of being the new girl at school, I walked out to try and find Riley. Well I'm hoping it was Riley anyway.
As I reached the car park I could see Ri's car in the far distance and do I made my way over. As I drew a little closer, however, I saw that he was not alone. I considered walking home but I live to far, not to mention Toby had already managed to spot me somehow, calling me over.
"Hey Toby" I said as I reached the car.
"Hey, jump in the back with Connor, your coming to the studio with us." Wait what did he just say? Me and Connor haven't even spoken since that day where I kissed him and now I have to endure a whole car ride and studio session with someone who hates me!
"Oh, okay, sounds fun!" I replied trying to put on my best fake smile. On the upside this might be a good opportunity to wind up Riley right?
I walked around the car and got in the back next to Connor, "Hey Connor" I spoke. Connor, however, clearly didn't want to speak to me as he remained silent starring out the window. Well this car ride definitely won't be awkward, note the sarcasm.
Next thing I knew Toby decided to try make conversation as Riley started driving us. "So, your probably wondering why your coming to the studio with us?"
"The thought has crossed my mind." I replied giving Toby a small smile.
"Well, your mum is sorting out some stuff for when you get back and so Riley and Connor both offered to take you with us." He said cheerily, ignoring the death glares both Connor and Riley were giving him. Although I appreciate both of them offering, now is my chance to try make things right with Connor.
I placed my hand on Connors shoulder to get his attention as I spoke with a small smile, "Thank you, for you know, offering and taking interest." I said looking directly into his eyes. I saw a small smile form on his lips causing me to send one full of relief straight back.
"No problem, it'll be fun" he replied causing me to smile more knowing that he doesn't completely hate me. As we came to a stop, I looked up from my daze and saw Riley looking at me through the mirror. He did not look pleased. So much for playing a winning game, the look he's giving me tells me he's got one ten times better.

A/n: sorry it's short. I had a chapter ready to post when what road decided to delete it. So I wrote another one but yeah. Enjoy 😁