14 ~ Get Out

"Connor?! Get out?!!" Riley shouted, giving me his shirt to place over my body.

"What the fuck are you doing Riley?! She's been here barely a week and your already trying to get into her fucking pants!"

"That's not what it's like Connor!"

"That's what it looks like to me. We all know what your like. You just take advantage of girls and then disregard them. That's what you do!" I'd never heard or seen this side to Connor. He spoke with Venom in his words, making it clear the words he spoke were untrue, and instead out of spite. Then he turned to me to finish what he wanted to say, " If you're smart in anyway you'll get away now before he uses you for sex and then leaves."

This was clearly the last straw for Riley because before I could even process Connor's words Riley had knocked him to the floor. I so run from my position, pulling Riley back. I just don't understand what's going on. Why does Connor even care?

I pulled Ri into my bathroom straight away to separate the two of them, they need to calm down. I guess I'll have to talk to Connor later and see what's wrong but for now I need to speak to Riley. After locking the door I turn around to see him sitting on the edge of my bath, head low.

"Riley?" I say, standing I front of him. When he doesn't reply I use my hand to tilt his face upwards until he's looking at me. He keeps his gaze at the floor, avoiding my eyes as he speaks.

"Do you believe it?"

"What? What are you...", then it clicks. Connor said he was going to use me and then leave. As soon as I realise I give my immediate answer, an answer which I'm certain of, "no". This causes his eyes to dart to mine with hope evident in his eyes. "I trust you Riley." And with that I bend down pressing my lips to his. This kiss was only brief as our lips separate and we begin to head back into my room.

As we enter the room Connor is gone. Regardless of what he said I hope he is okay. Connors my friend, one I want to keep. I discard the thought for now and climb under my covers, encouraging Riley to do the same. Once we are both comfortable, he wraps his arms around me and I place my head on his chest.

"Did I say how amazing you look in my shirt?" I laugh at his sudden outburst and I can hear his smirk in his voice. I turn to look at him.

"Nope, I don't quite think you did. But that's okay. I know I do." This causes us both to laugh before falling into a comfortable silence. I can feel me eyes closing and as much as I try I just can't keep them open. Before I completely drift off to sleep I feel Riley's breath on my neck as he whispers softly into my ear.

"Goodnight beautiful."

A/n: 💚😁