Chapter 4: The Halloween Party

"Are you sure about this, I really have no intention to force you with me." I asked again as Phillip smiled. "Well I don't plan to leave you alone after what happened. I don't really trust you alone" He smiled.

We stepped into the Halloween College's Fest. Well more like a party since I see red plastic cups everywhere.

"ROSETTE!!OHMYGOD! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! I CALLED YOU! I THOUGHT YOU DIED!" I heard a familiar voice shouting at me; Evie. Her hands clung on my neck like koala. Her mouth smelled like alcohol. She's been drinking and worrying about me in the same time.

"I-I'm sorry. My phone died and I got lost --" I stop my explanation as I saw Evie looking at Philip like something to eat.

"And who are you? You fine specimen of zombie?" Evie purred, seducing him. A heat rushed inside me, like angry waves. Wait? What? What is this feeling?

Am I jealous? Philip is nothing to me right? So there's no such thing as jealousy.

"Evie" I pressed her name, she chuckled and hiccupped. "No worries baby Rose, your zombie is all yours. Give me details later" She winked at me and walked back to her group in her drunken state. My face flushed red of embarrassment.

"Well that's weird." Philip said. I only shook my head and smiled. "Forgive her, she's drunk as hell."

"Nah, I'm cool with that."

"Wanna drink? I'll bring it over" I asked. He shook his head. "I'll get it for you."

"B-But.."

"Don't worry little hot nurse, I've got it" He winked. I laughed. He's such a buzz and cute. I waited at the side of the dancing floor, the place was crowded and loud with dancing music.

"You don't mind beer don't you?" He asked handing out a bottle.

"Uhm, yeah. Thanks" I grabbed the bottle and chug some liquid in my system. I do need some booze after what happened.

Suddenly the speakers blared Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy. I grabbed Philip's hand. "Let's dance!" I asked.

"I don't dance, and my make-up would likely to melt with sweat." Philip refused.

"Please?" I made a cute, pouty face. I think boys like that.

"Rosette. Okay, sure." Philip chuckled, he gave in and I dragged him at the dance floor and danced like crazy.

"How old are you?" Philip asked, while dancing.

"22, yeah I'm too young for my age" I laughed. "You?"

"24, my birthday's next month"

"Hey! My birthday is also next month! We are surely twins!" I laughed and spun around with his hands.

She wants to dance like Uma Thurman, bury me till I confess

She wants to dance like Uma Thurman, And I can't get you out of my head.

The blood, the blood, the blood of the lamb,

Is worth two lions, but here I am

And I slept in last night's clothes and tomorrow's dreams

But they're not quite what they seem

I can move mountains,

I can work a miracle, work a miracle