Chapter 2

Hailey's POV

"Hailey! You're still not awake?! I've called you to wake up at least 5 times!" That's strange because I didn't even hear her call me once. "What's the time?" I could barely open my mouth, surprised she could even understand my mumble. "Its 7:00, you better hurry." Shit! I jumped off my bed way too quick giving myself a head spin. No time to shower, I just washed my face brushed my teeth and ran back to my room. What to wear... I went with my favourite denim shorts and a plain white t-shirt. Converse to go with it. I walked down stairs completely ready, in such a rush I forgot to say good morning to my parents or take any breakfast, oh well. I got into my car and it was 7:30 already.

****

I got into the car park and parked my car not even checking if I was straight. Once again speed walking into the building. I walked to where I was meant to be and saw Ariana, one of the co-workers covering for me, I was close friends with her and she was probably the kindest person I've ever met. "Thank you! I'm sorry I'm late" as I switched positions with Ariana, sitting where she was as she walked to her area. "No it's fine!" She smiled as she turned her back to walk away. I began to talk to the children noticing that Zayn didn't come today. So what? He's just going to come for one day and that's it? Around 15 minutes before the session was about to end, I heard the door open and slam shut,  then footsteps walking towards where we were all sitting. I didn't have to look up to know who it was. The mysterious, quiet Zayn decided to finally turn up. "How nice of you to join us Zayn" he didn't even bother to reply, or even look at me. He was rude if you asked me.

Zayn's POV

I didn't want to be here, I'd rather be out with my friends causing trouble somewhere for fun but no. Instead my parents force me to attend these stupid meetings that don't make me want to change anyway. "Zayn why don't you talk for a change? I mean these meetings won't help if you're going to keep quiet the whole time" the lady at the front smiled at me in an evil way. "So tell me what's one thing that you want to improve about yourself?" All the other children stared at me, putting me on the spot. "Uh... Nothing. I think everything I do right now is fine." My face was emotionless, I was ready to just get up and leave.

"So if you think you're so perfect then why are you here?" She spat back, she seemed to be annoyed with me for no reason.

"Love, if it was my choice I wouldn't be here" I let out a small laugh, she gave me a disgusted look, I had to admit she was pretty cute though.

"Uh, alright it's time to go everyone."

"Bye Hailey!"

"Bye guys see you tomorrow!"

So her names Hailey... Hmm.

Hailey's POV

Ugh. I just met Zayn yesterday, haven't even had a proper conversation with each other and we're already having conflict. I think he's just conceited when he has no reason to be. And thanks to him I didn't even get to have a proper talk with the other children. Thankfully the next 4 hours went in a flash and I was already packing up to leave. I had to walk through the dark car park which wasn't really my favourite thing to do... Especially after watching countless scary movies, I would say I'm a pretty paranoid person, when it comes to things like this. I cautiously walked to my car looking in every direction; like every other night. When I got to my car, I began to look through my bag for my keys, a mistake I always make. "Ughhh, come on!" I whisper screamed to myself, slowly getting frustrated and even more scared. "Psst!" I quickly shot my head around to find where the noise was coming from, when there was no one in sight I turned back around looking through my bag quicker. "Pssssst!" Great there is a murderer watching. I'm going to die. A tap on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts. I jumped around way too quickly losing my balance with one of my hands curled into a fist, about to punch the person right in front of me. "Relax babe, it's just me" he let out a laugh while speaking his head.

"Oh Zayn, what are you d-doing here? W-what do you want?" Still quite shaken up from my recent episode. "I don't know, nothing better to do..." He said as he reached into his pocket, grabbing a cigarette and lighting it up. He took a long drag and blew it all out in my face, causing me to cough. "Could you please not smoke that cancer stick when you're around me?" I fanned the remaining smoke out of my face. He laughed at my comment and threw the cigarette to the ground and stepped on it. "I have to go..." I opened my door getting half way in before he grabbed me. "No wait, I wanted to ask if I could take you out. To make up for today?"

"Sorry I don't date guys younger than me" I coldly said as I stepped into my car, turned it on and drove off. I wasn't going to date someone like Zayn. Even if he was my age. And I hope he now understands