Chapter 4

Hailey’s POV

Today was Thursday which meant no work! It was a day that I got to sleep in and do what I liked. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting as I checked my phone trying not to blind myself with the brightness. “10:00 am” ah, that was a good sleep. I got up slowly still slightly half asleep. I walked into the bathroom washing my face with cold water to wake up myself up; it definitely worked. I brushed my teeth then went back to my room to pick out an outfit to wear for today. I always looked out my window to determine what the weather would be like in order to choose out appropriate clothing. The sun was out and it looked like a good day. I chose out a pair of ‘Boyfriend Jeans’ and a loose black button up top that went up to my bellybutton. I chose black converses to go with my outfit. I let my hair down and went perfectly over my shoulders. My natural hair was always nice waves, so I didn’t bother doing anything to it. I put light foundation, mascara and blush. Done! I walked down stairs to grab something to eat. “Good morning!” I slightly startled my Parents with my loud energetic tone. “Oh good morning dear, I made pancakes, sit next to your father” I sat next to my dad and gave him a smile, he turned away from his newspaper for a few seconds to return the favour.

Mm pancakes. Just what I needed. I thanked my mum for the pancakes, grabbed my keys and left the house. I called my best friend Georgia to see what she was doing today. “Hello?”

“Hey Georgia! Are you doing anything today?”

“Hey, Hailey, I’m free till around 1 o clock, want to go for a coffee?”

“Yeah, sounds perfect. I’ll meet you at Star Bucks in ten minutes.” I got into the car as I hung up and made my way to Star Bucks. I got there a few minutes early, so I decided to order and hopefully she would have arrived by the time our orders were done. I sat at a table waiting for both, our orders and Georgia.

Georgia arrived after ten minutes or so, our orders were already ready and at the table. We greeted each other with a hug since it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other. We spoke for a while about what’s been happening lately and caught up with any new gossip. “So, anything new?”

“Not really, still busy at work. Same old.” As soon as I said the word ‘work’ Zayn came to my mind. And I have no idea why. He was just such an interesting character. At times he could be a complete asshole and other times he could be nice. But I still couldn’t completely read him. Like who he actually was behind all of his black clothing. “What’s wrong? You seem lost in thought?” she smiled knowing that I didn’t completely tell her everything that’s been happening. But what am I supposed to tell her? There’s nothing to say- Zayn is just another one of my students.

We spent the rest of the time talking about future plans and what we wanted ahead of us. My plans are boring. I want to spend my time here, working like I do now, then eventually one day when I have saved up enough money I want to travel the world. I think that’ll be a while from now though. Georgia on the other hand is going to London at the end of this month to study over there.

“Do you want to come over to help me pack?” Well I had nothing better to do, so… “Yeah sure.”

Luckily Georgia caught a bus here, so now we can go in the one car, because I’d get completely lost driving to her house by myself.

“You know the way to your house right?”

“Of course” she laughed at me shaking her head.

Her house was a half an hour drive, with her giving me directions the whole time. We got to her house and I hardly remembered anything. Probably haven’t been there in at least 2 years. She lived in the quietest, most peaceful neighbourhood. Her house was perfect and I honestly didn’t know why her family decided that they wanted to move… we’ve drifted apart lately and to be honest when she moves to her new house and goes to London as well I don’t think we’ll have the time to talk to each other anymore and that upsets me. She had a double story but it wasn’t big. It was the perfect sized house. “Georgia, why are you moving houses? If you don’t mind me asking?” my curiosity got the best of me and I really wanted to know. She probably thought I was rude getting into her business, but then again there probably wasn’t even an important reason to why they were moving. “Oh didn’t I tell you?” she said as she opened her bedroom door, gesturing me to go inside, “a few blocks down there is a really scummy neighbourhood; always fights, shootings, drunks and they somehow always end up in our street… guess my parents got sick of it” I guess that was a pretty good reason to move, “Oh...” not sure what else to say.