Chapter 14-Veronika Sergei

"So..." I start. "So..." She repeats. "How did you get out here?" "Um... I was on a vacation with my parents near here, and they invaded us, killed everybody and I escaped into the mountains. My parents followed me, but when I looked behind me, and they weren't there-" and then she starts sobbing...

I don't know hat to do. Tears flow out of her eyes as she sobs on the ground. I take a big risk and I wrap my arms around her and I whisper soothing things in her ear. Sparks fly off as my arm touches hers. After a while, she stops sobbing and sits up. "Thank you," she sighs. "No problem," I say as I get up and look at the view from her shelter. She actually built a tree house on near an edge of a mountain, and I can see the best view in the world...

That night, I lay on the opposite end of the shelter. I can't sleep, but then I look at the moon through the window, and I slowly drift off...

Dream- I run down through the woods when I hear something from someone. My mother, she starts talking and venom suddenly runs out of her mouth. "Mom!" I yell and she gags and falls to the ground. I reach her and she is still. I check her pulse, dead...

Reality- I awake sweating. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and get up. I walk to the ladder, and climb down the ladder. I walk to the ledge. The sun is just rising, and I watch it appear from the mountains across from us. This is my favorite sight, and I living here wouldn't be so bad. Besides I have Veronika...

Next Chapter-Between The Mountains