Chapter 12-Soaring

I walk for miles. Finally, I find shelter. Later, I cook the snake and eat it. It tasted good and it will keep me alive a while longer. I come out of my shelter and look up at the stars. They were shining brightly, over my head...

I fall asleep with no camels as cushions. And I sleep for a long time until I feel a tentacle wrap around my arm. I jolt awake and run out of the shelter. The spiders don't follow and I look back in. They slowly crawl back to their hiding spots. They look weak, as if they haven't eaten in weeks. Which they probably haven't...

But then I realize that my crystals and what's left of my supplies are still in the shelter. I slowly walk back to the entrance, and peek inside. There are no spiders to be seen. So I sprint to my stuff,a run the spiders come out of hiding. I sprint out again, and I'm way quicker than the spiders, but I'm stuck in the open desert...

I've been walking for a long time, again. I hear a buzzing noise, but I drop it. Must be my imagination. But then the buzzing gets louder and I look up, it's something flying in the air. It's an airplane...

"Hey!" I call out and wave my hands over my head. I take a crystal out of my bag and turn it, so it's facing the sun. I position it so the reflection is at the pilot. And I finally get its attention and it swoops down, landing along the dry sand...

The pilot gets out and I see a man. The man walks up to me and says, "Hey kid, what do you need?" Can I have a lift to the nearest city please?" I ask. He looks at me with sorrow and says, "Can't do that, not enough room in he plane," but by that I can tell he's lying. The plane is big enough for four people. What a selfish jerk. I think of a plan, and then shout, "Look!" I shout pointing away. He turns his head fast and I grab his legs out behind him...

He face-plants into the sand I unload his belt and pull it off. I wrap his arms in it behind his back and now he's handcuffed. I sprint to the plane and climb into the cockpit. I look at all the controls and I see a switch. I flip it up and the engines turn on. The propellers start to turn and I grab this thing that slides and slide it forward...

The plane takes off and I hit the auto pilot as fast as I can. I have no idea how to fly a plane. I'm just lucky I didn't crash it. I look at the controls and then try to relax. I'm in the sky, nice and peaceful. I look out my right window and see the desert. It's finally gone...

After hours of flying, I find the sand replaced with trees, rocks, and mountains. I look out the front window and see a mountain higher than my altitude. I get closer, until I realize what's going on. I quickly turn off auto pilot and take the handle. I thrust up and the nose slowly turns up. I get so close that my wheels brake off, but I'm still in the air, flying on...

Next Chapter-Mountain Side