Chapter 6-Escape

It turned night really fast. We were all driving the armored vehicles through the forest. It was hard to see, but the had headlights. But I was afraid that we would be seen by some spider...

All of a sudden a truck behind was blown off its wheels, flipping over. I looked behind me and I saw shadows running across the paths. The flipped over truck caught fire, burning anybody in it. Then, another truck was blown over....catching fire. Then, a creature ran in front of our car, hitting the front. The back flew up and flipped us over. I held on for dear life as we were tossed left and right...

Me and Captain Varlomov slowly crawled out of the truck, which was on fire. Everyone else was dead. Me and the Captain slowly got up. We both climbed up a tree, the fires alighting the whole forest. When we got to a decent height we stopped. We watched as the trucks were flipped over left and right...

And when the captain got off balanced, he fell down, all the way to the ground. He very slowly got up and I looked down to him, he waved to say he was okay... And then he was grabbed and disappeared into the darkness. "Captain!" I yelled. Everything was quiet. The fire burned down, and everyone else was dead. And the remaining trucks were far away now. I stayed up in that tree all night and fell asleep hearing gunshots and the spiders crawling, and finally, they left... I had escaped again...

Chapter 7-Stranded