Chapter 18-Awake

I wake up in a bed, and I'm in a camp. An older woman is dabbing a wet cloth over my knee. She has a uniform on. It's a tannish green with a Red Cross on the chest pocket, and then I know it's a medic. I try to get up, but the pain in my knee overwhelms me, and I sit back down. "Don't try to get up," she quietly says. She seems about 30, with a warming smile, she must be good with people...

Thoughts run back to me. "What happened?" I say, rubbing my head. "You lost your balance, and you fell, we found you, with your knee burnt. We think a stick on fire must have fell and landed on you," she explains. I take a look at my knee, it's is burnt bad, black and red cover it completely. "Where am I?" She is about to say something, when another person, a man, rushes into the tent. He whispers something in her ear, and she tells me she will be back. They leave me, alone, in a tent. I hear loud clangs and bangs, and I slowly try to get up. The pain shoots through my knee, but I'm able to sit up. I slide my legs over the edge of the bed, and I press down on one leg. I limp over to the opening, and I trip through the tent. I fall outside, and I get help up. Two men, in the greenish brown suits, stand me up. I finally take everything in, it's an army camp...

Men and women rush around in suits. Tanks, choppers, and humvees are parked out in an open field. Tents are set up every where. The army soldiers are rushing to something. A helicopter crashed and on fire near one of the armories, is what it looks like. They spray water onto the chopper, while men in fire proof suits, run in and out, trying to save as many people as they can. Later, the fire was taken out and most of the people were saved. I was escorted back to my tent. The lady was back, tending to my wounds. "What is this place?" I ask her. She looks at me, then looks away...

She looks back at me, "This is the Resistance," she says. My eyes widen, no it can't be, the Resistance is in Moscow, where I was intending to go, this can't be it, I think to myself. "It can't be, the Resistance is in Moscow, this isn't Moscow," I say. "No, this is Company G, there are companys in countries all around Russia, but the command center is in Moscow"...
.
"Why am I here?" I ask. "We need new recruits, we are a attacking a heavily armed smuggling gang, and we need more fighters, up for the challenge?" "I...I guess," She smiles and then she says, "Well, heal up, you have some training to do."...

Next Chapter-Healing